Rickets in infants
Childhood Diseases / / August 12, 2017
Vitamin D deficiency
Vitamin D is necessary for anyone, and especially a growing organism!It is necessary for normal bone formation.Mother Nature has provided all - in our skin contains an enzyme that under the action of ultraviolet light is converted into vitamin D3.However, if the climate does not spoil or clear days of sunshine all day closed clouds and smog, it is worth considering - like baby things with vitamin D?
Causes and symptoms of rickets in infants
The most common classic D-deficient rickets with arising from this violation of the calcium-phosphorus metabolism.The problem begins at the age of 2-3 months, especially in children weak, premature, on artificial feeding.Due to lack of vitamin D in the gut calcium absorption and disturbed its deposition in bones.As a consequence - thinning and softening of bone tissue, the deterioration of the nervous system and internal organs.
Start, and exacerbation occur, usually in late autumn, winter and early spring.If you leave the first signs of rickets without attention to the 5-6 months the baby has a picture of the disease will be deployed. first signs of rickets in infants :
- change the behavior of the child: he becomes fearful, moody and listless.
- Perspiration - sweat visible on the little face during feeding and the baby's head is sweating all the time, especially on the back of the head during sleep, causing airbag is humidity.
- Little worried itching, he constantly rubs his head, which is why the hair on the back of his head fall.
If we make the biochemical analysis of blood, we can identify a reduced amount of phosphorus, increased phosphatase activity in this period.
consequences of rickets in infants
If at the initial stage does not begin treatment, the baby develops muscle weakness.These kids later start to roll over, sit up, stand in support walking.Stomach grows in volume frequently occur constipation or diarrhea.
- Later there is a change on the part of the skeletal system.
- occiput is flat.
- head size increases.
- appear frontal and parietal bumps, forehead becomes convex.
- There may be areas of softening of bones in the parietal and occipital regions (with the active phase of rickets in age from 3 to 6 months).
- Large fontanelle time is not closed.
- often closer to the sternum form a thickening of the ribs, so-called beads (with the active phase of rickets aged 6 to 9 months).
- When a child begins to walk, found the x or o-shaped curvature of the legs (the active phase of rickets in age from 9 to 12 months).
- The chest looks as if flattened laterally.
On occurrence of rickets the child's parents sometimes do not pay attention or not serious about doctor's advice.This can lead to a significant curvature of the spine, feet, flat feet rise and disrupt the proper formation of the pelvic bones, which then women who have had a hard childhood rickets, complicates childbirth.
Because parents should consult a doctor at the slightest suspicion of the disease.It can develop sharply, marking the rapid development of symptoms.Subacute characterized by a slow process of development.There is more common in children over 6-9 months, as well as in children with malnutrition.Relapsing course is accompanied by alternating states: improving in summer and worsening in winter.
If the disease is still there, it is very important not to run.Otherwise unpleasant consequences (scoliosis, deformity of the chest, pelvis, legs bending, increased susceptibility to dental caries) may remain for a lifetime.The diagnosis is confirmed by clinical symptoms in addition to the study of calcium content in the blood, phosphorus, alkaline phosphatase data also important X-ray examination.This will help distinguish rickets detachment of other diseases.
prevention of rickets in infants
Child Health Basics - good nutrition, normal sleep with plenty of walks, massage, gym.Often, for the prevention and treatment of pediatrician assigned to receive vitamin D prophylactic dose of vitamin D - 500 IU is safe and covers the needs of rapidly growing child.Any oil and aqueous solutions.
- vitamin preparations D3 physiologic and effective preparations of vitamin D 2, as vitamin D 3 - is a provitamin A, it stimulates the production of vitamin D own in the child's body.
- Aqueous solutions are less toxic than oil, so if your child is registered a large dose of vitamin D , give them preference.
- kid can be a long and continuous to give preventive doses of vitamin throughout the entire cold season (from late autumn to spring).If your doctor has prescribed a dose above the preventive, it is desirable to take a break for 5-7 days every 3-4 weeks of preparations.
- If you feed your baby with a mixture, this does not preclude receiving vitamin D .The dose will calculate the local doctor.
necessary to strictly comply with all recommendations for receiving vitamin D !In no case can not give this medication without consulting your doctor.When treating rickets vitamin D appointed strictly individually in combination with other drugs.The duration of treatment and the amount of treatment dose determines a doctor!
Preparations vitamin D should be given with meals, in the first half of the day.The physiological need for vitamin D healthy full-term baby the first year of life is in the range of 400-500 IU / day.
Overdose of vitamin D
When the body of the child excessive amounts of vitamin D calcium salts accumulate in the blood, and the body begins poisoning.Suffer the cardiovascular system, liver, kidneys and gastrointestinal tract.Usually this occurs, when the dose exceeded by 200-1000 times.However, there are kids who have a heightened sensitivity to vitamin D .Therefore, before starting treatment it is necessary to determine individual sensitivity to vitamin D
Symptoms of intoxication: sudden loss of appetite, sleep, persistent vomiting, dyspepsia, thirst, polyuria, dry tongue, inelastic skin.Constipation alternating with diarrhea, the child loses weight rapidly, he low-grade fever, possible convulsions, difficulty breathing, enlargement of the liver and spleen, heart rate slowing.
To facilitate the state in intoxication, you just need to stop taking vitamin D .Grow your kids big and healthy!
- I rickets degree (mild) - slight changes in the nervous and muscular systems;residual effects does not.
- II degree of rickets (moderate severity) - marked changes in bone, muscle, neural and hematopoietic systems, a moderate violation of the function of internal organs, a slight increase in liver and spleen, anemia (reduced hemoglobin in the blood).
- III degree of rickets (severe) - pronounced changes in the central nervous, skeletal and muscular system, internal organs.Frequent complications.
Rickets in infantsVitamins for children
Symptoms, treatment of rickets in children
Rickets and Vitamin D
| Home |
Discuss the topic in the forum