tick borne encephalitis
Childhood Diseases / / March 28, 2016
Tick-borne encephalitis - a disease that affects the central nervous system.What to do if the baby bitten by a tick?
Viral encephalitis occurs quite frequently.You can become infected, and without leaving the home town, because mites do not only live in the woods, alleys and travel in trains, cars, buses, and can travel long distances.
Bender - the main carriers of tick-borne encephalitis virus.Infection with this dangerous disease occurs when an insect clings to a man.After the virus enters the skin and into the body quickly spreads infecting blood cells, organs of the immune system, the brain.
for tick-borne encephalitis is characterized by sudden fever, severe headaches, nausea, cramps.Usually, the illness lasts from 7 to 14 days, but can take place, and over the years, transformed into a chronic form.That is why it is so important to protect children from harmful insects bites.The main means of prevention of tick-borne encephalitis - vaccination is shown to children from three years.
carry out such vaccination three times, then we recommend re-vaccination every three years.If you do not have time to instill the child or it is too small, listen to the advice of experts.
- During walks in the forest, wear a hat and closed clothes.
- Do not sit on the grass for a picnic, choose dry pine forests.
- Use repellents.
- carefully examine the baby after walking: our happiness, ticks attach themselves immediately, but for a long time crawling on the skin or clothes, looking for a secluded place.
- Remove the tick with your fingers or a loop made of solid threads.This insect is easier to pull out the rotational motion.
- Lubricate the wound with alcohol.
- Lubricate the skin around the wound with antibiotic ointment.
- Cover the wound with antibacterial adhesive.
- Place the tick in a sealed container with a piece of damp cloth and taken to the examination.
Remember that providers are obliged to send the tick to the laboratory study.If it confirms that the insect is infected, the affected child may enter protivokleschevoy immunoglobulin, which provides protection against tick-borne encephalitis.