Dermatitis in Children
Childhood Diseases / / August 12, 2017
dermatitis in children under one year: symptoms, treatment of dermatitis
kid rubbed sliders soprela the diaper ass - and already ... dermatitis.
skin (dermis by Latin) - the largest organ in humans, is one-sixth of the total body weight.This body performs many important functions: a barrier between the external environment and the human body, the immune, the thermoregulatory function.Therefore, it is important that the baby's skin was healthy.
inflammation of the skin from contact with any irritant contact dermatitis is called (the ending "um" in medical terminology it means the presence of inflammation).In the adult human cause irritation:
- temperature effects;
- contact with acids and alkalis;
- touch on some plants (nettle, fraxinella, acrid buttercup, spurge, cow parsnip).
A small child's skin is thinner and more delicate, so inflamed quickly, and an assortment of irritating substances is much broader.For example, the skin can become inflamed from contact with their own secretions child (then, feces, urine) from contact with the hygiene and cosmetics (washing powder, cream, shampoo), from the friction (which is why the joints in children's clothes do flat or external),by skin contact with metal objects.
contact dermatitis (if it has no allergic nature) typically requires no special treatment, and passes on their own.But can join a secondary bacterial infection, such as staphylococcus, which complicates the course of the disease.
- Redness Swelling Itching
- Burning Sensation of heat in the site of inflammation.
How to prevent contact dermatitis in children under one year?
- children first year of life is necessary to avoid contact with chlorine.Water that bathed the child, should be boiled or left in open containers at night to chlorine evaporated.For the same purpose in the faucet can put a filter.
- for washing children's clothes, only use baby soap or special children powders.Good rinse clothes.
- desirable that all children's clothing in direct contact with the skin was white (without dyes) and natural - a 100% linen or cotton.New wearable clothes before the first wash with soap and water.
- soap and shampoo (of course, with the note "children") when bathing, use no more (preferably less) once a week.The surfactants contained in these hygiene products, neutralized fatty protective film, which is covered with leather.
- The main criterion for selection of toys for infants should be their health indicators, in this case - a quality certificate.Avoid toys purchased on the market, as well as plush toys.
- Never wash the floor, pacifiers and rattles baby chlorinated household chemicals.
- Take good care of the baby skin, especially in the areas of its close contact with diapers or clothing (armpits, neck, groin).
- Use disposable diapers, change them every 4 hours Avoid prolonged skin contact with the natural secretions.When defecation diaper changing into his dirt.
dermatitis treatment in children
- If you see worn on the baby's body - treat their emollient, moisturizing, antiseptic, - can be cosmetic oils (peach, almond).
- If the inflammation is not very pronounced, but on the skin appeared moist areas, they are treated dries means: zinc mash or baby powder.
- If the manifestation of inflammation are strong enough, there are better anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, ointments.They improve the skin's metabolism and relieve inflammation.
- If dermatitis is an allergic origin, the skin is treated with antihistamine creams.For oral administration also prescribe antihistamines, calcium supplements and sorbents, various sedatives fees herbs (valerian, peony, etc.), Probiotics.What exactly do you need for your child, tell the attending doctor.
- If the process is common, joined fungal and bacterial infections, and skin is deeply shocked - Ten local rate prescribed hormonal creams with corticosteroids.Often, in addition to antibacterial and antifungal designate components.
- If you have nothing at hand is not present, as an interim measure, you can use some of the methods of traditional medicine.Most often used packs of raw potatoes. Raw potatoes: clean, grate.For one procedure needs about 100 grams of potatoes.Then the slurry is applied to the wound site, fix the bandage.Duration of treatment - 2 hours.
- In all forms of dermatitis are very useful air baths.They are used with the child months of age, ranging from 2-3 minutes and gradually increasing the time to 10-12 minutes.
Air baths can be carried out when changing diapers, before or after feeding, before bathing.Starting at room temperature - 22 degrees.Gradually, the child gets used to the cooler air: 18-19 C. Air baths contribute to hardening of the baby and keep the skin in good condition.
dermatitis in childrenAtopic dermatitis in children
| Home |
Discuss the topic in the forum
12, 08, 2017
12, 08, 2017
12, 08, 2017