Bleeding during menstruation
On The Women's / / August 12, 2017
Causes of bleeding during menstruation
bleeding during menstruation usually occurs because of an illness, and not always gynecological.In some cases, critical days are life-threatening and need to see a doctor, what are the main causes of bleeding during menstruation in women?
Danger can carry critical days in which blood loss reaches more than 80 grams.This is sufficient for the occurrence of iron-deficiency anemia.To the doctor should contact if a hemorrhage, or waiting and calculating the amount of blood lost, if indeed raining cats and dogs - women will understand and you have to change sanitary napkins and tampons every hour or even more frequently.Such heavy bleeding during menstruation is dangerous even for life.What could give rise to a heavy period?
1. submucosal fibroids. Benign neoplasm (tumor) growing in the uterus.It is almost always recommended to remove, as it is during menstruation profuse bleeding, and also leads to infertility or miscarriage pregnancy.She removed during surgery without an incision.Under general anesthesia, the uterus through the vagina is introduced special apparatus, by which a physician can see and remove the uterus tumors, deforming it.
2. IUD (coil). It's quite common cause of menorrhagia (heavy period).Often it leads to inflammation in the endometrium.If the situation is repeated month after month - she will need to change the method of contraception that is deleted (this makes the doctor) spiral out of the uterus.
3. Endometrial hyperplasia. reasons for its occurrence is mainly hormonal.Hyperplasia is an overgrowth of the endometrium.Detected by ultrasound.A main symptom is just the long delay menstruation, followed by bleeding.Hyperplasia may also occur in women of reproductive age and those who have menopause.But in the second case it is often a precancerous condition.When hyperplasia is performed uterine curettage for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.Not every hyperplasia - a precancerous condition.
4. Adenomyosis. This kind of endometriosis, but localized in the uterus.endometrial cells invade the myometrium.In addition to heavy menstruation, a woman may notice spotting a few days before menstruation and after.In addition, adenomyosis often causes pain in the lower abdomen.
5. Disorders of blood clotting. Reduced clotting.This pathology can occur as a result of a sudden lack of vitamins C and K, and various inherited diseases and acute.Manifested bleeding (not only uterine, and nose, for example), the appearance of bruises on the body, is not associated with injuries and so forth.
method to reduce bleeding during menstruation will depend on the cause of the pathology.Therefore, the physician must diagnose.At least it will be a gynecological examination, smears, pelvic ultrasound, blood clotting, hemoglobin.When hyperplasia - diagnostic curettage.
To reduce blood loss may appoint a woman oral contraceptives, hemostatic, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.