What to do if you lost a child
Child Development / / August 12, 2017
You have lost a child?What you need to do in this situation in the first place, and how to prevent it?
experience of many dads moms shows that most children get lost in crowded areas: transport, railway stations, shopping malls.Parents simply can not control every step of your baby while doing something important: the ticket is issued, paving the way in the crowd or paying at the checkout.Thirst interesting overcomes the small fidget all fear, and now he was exploring new territory, and the poor mother rushing around in search of the beloved baby.
And sometimes adults with astonishment note the appearance in the arsenal of a baby "game": as soon as you let go of his palm, the little robber escapes!And try to catch up!So the very first rule, and the only sure way not to lose a child in crowded places - firmly hold his hand or carry on his hands if he is very young. main thing - that the child never for a moment left the tactile contact area.Moreover, since 3 years old baby is able to remember his name and age (if only to show on his fingers) - memorize it with the data.
It is also necessary to try to memorize your address, but until then do not invest only crumbs in the pocket a business card, but also in indelible ink to make a mark on the child's clothing.At the supermarket, very young children it's best to put in a grocery cart, the older child for a while, you can define the game room (if this service is available).
Another option - to involve the baby in a fun game: you choose the products, and it adds up to the cart, at the checkout together lay all on the bags.The main thing - constantly maintain a conversation, do not give the buyer a little bored and look for entertainment somewhere in the side.
take care in advance
With older child is not superfluous to work out a "particularly important" action plan in case if he suddenly realizes that behind the parents.If you have to travel on public transport, in advance, prepare baby - tell us in detail about the activities that you will want to make (buy a ticket, pass control, to take their seats, etc.).Make your baby an active participant of the event - it will not let him get excited about something extraneous and keep up with you.
not fewer cases of missing going out for a walk.It is worth noting that less likely to get lost in all the year-old children - agree, a rare adult let go of the hand of a baby on a busy street or other dangerous place for a child.The kid just started to walk, and the parents are not yet accustomed to it even minimal independence.
But since 2.5-3 years of age, the risk of losing the baby grows.Parents start to notice that the daughter or son is quite able to follow them on the street or in the park, many people aware of the dangers of objects and phenomena, and returns to an adult at his request.But here it is important to understand that the child still does not know much, and does not cost too much to rely on his wisdom!
Remember to leave a child under the age of 5 years alone, unattended, on the street is very dangerous! The question of who will walk with the kids or for him to keep an eye out, it must necessarily be resolved.If the child is ready to make independent trips, be sure to on the street, he was surrounded by peers, make friends with them, and lodged them sweets, ask about their businesses and adjust to the fact that they, as far as possible, have been together all the time, watchingthat no one was hurt, did not remain alone with strangers, always calling for help if they see that someone unfamiliar people taken away from children.
in his backyard, try to get acquainted with its regulars, usually the grandmother on the benches.Naladte contact with them, ask about their health, provide them any small services for the event, tell us about yourself, your child.And in difficult moments they will be willing to help as best they could.
One of the main tasks of the parents - to teach the kid protective behavior.It should take into account the child's age.Educators argue that the level of understanding and awareness of the dangers of being alone (lost) is very different from children of 2-3, 4-5 and 6 years.
Babes 2-3 years can and should be taught to express their thoughts and feelings so that their men could accurately understand.A child who can express their concerns and know that we are ready to understand and protect, to be more secure than its other peers.At this age, children are already available world of fairy tales.But this is a very deep and powerful parenting tool: tell a story, and certainly explains it - what happened to Koloboks when he resigned from the grandparents, or Ivan sister did not listen, and the kid turned, or why we can not run away from the yard, ifGeese flying near swans ...
At 4-5 years of age, addition to fairy tales, you can add a game with simple and clear algorithms behavior.Repeat these schemes should be the same each time, but the situation - to change and complicate.
With 6 years longer need to directly talk carefully to your children about the risks faced by the little man left without adult care.Talk about the fact that people are different: the good and the evil.Ask if he can distinguish the good man from his evil?Does he know cases when someone from the adult hurt any of the children?Also ask him how he will behave in a given situation?
If this happened
You searched everywhere, searched every centimeter of the store or site, but the kid is nowhere!What to do?
- Do not waste your time - please contact the police department at the place of loss (you can also call 02).The statement about the disappearance of a young child in duty bound to take part immediately, regardless of the time elapsed since the accident.Receive messages around the clock.Proof that your treatment is not left unattended - is issued to the card hand-notification of registration of the application in the accounting book.
absence of you child's photos at the moment, a short time after the loss of the child, his disappearance or residence in the territory served by another police department, can not be grounds for refusal to accept the application. Furthermore, the investigation into the disappearance of minors is not always start up investigative and criminal proceedings.
- ATS personnel as possible you have to elaborate on the incident: where, when and under what circumstances a child is missing.Tell us where you normally walk, go to any nearest shops, a garden, and whether the child attends knows where his friends live - it is possible that he took advantage of their "independence" and went along the familiar route.
Describe in detail the appearance of the baby, its distinctive features, an individual manner of speaking or walking, the disease that he suffers (if any), blood group, as well as the clothes in which he was.If you suspect that your baby is not simply lost, and lost, and was the victim of a crime (eg kidnapping), - do not hide their concerns: tell us about suspicious calls or threats that arrive at your address, describe the strangers come to you or yourchild in contact recently.Tune in to a long conversation, especially in the preparation of verbal portrait: it is not a bureaucratic procedure, and a pledge of effective search.
- Be prepared for the visit of the investigator, a forensic expert and biologist to your home.You will need to provide the most recent photographs of the missing (if you have them does not enter into the application);make sure that they are as reliable - posture, facial expression and clothing should be normal for the child.
In addition, the apartment can be removed personal baby stuff for subsequent biological research (personal comb with a few hairs, toothbrush, plastic toy, or utensils with fingerprints), for odorologicheskoy examination (of equating odor trails) or canine searches (forthis objective should be given the clothing or shoe insole of the baby, which he recently wore, and which has not been washed, not lying with things other family members).But in any case, do not put it in a plastic bag!
- In all cases, except for the kidnapping, operates such a factor: the more people know about the incident and are involved in the search, the better.Refer to relatives, friends, acquaintances, members of the security services of the nearest public schools, to command located in the area of military units and ask for help.If the child lost in the woods or near a body of water, notify local office MOE.
- As strange as it sounds, but always make sure that the police department took your request seriously began operational work.If the staff you offer "not to rush into applying" refused to initiate criminal proceedings for any formal reasons, delay time or behave incorrectly - refer to the higher police authorities, the prosecutor's office area (city, area) and in the local media.
Fortunately, search for "full program" - a rare phenomenon, and most children are quite fast safe and sound!One last tip: be extremely attentive to their child and respect his personality, keep his positive self-esteem, teach confidence, not forcibly suppress his will always try to negotiate with them about the problem situations. does not matter if you will not have enough time for shopping, a perfect manicure, hairstyle or show preview, but you will always be close to their favorite and most expensive baby!