Teething in children
Child Development / / August 12, 2017
teething children - sometimes a significant event is a real challenge for the kid, but also for his entourage.The process of tooth development begins long before the baby is born, or rather, the 6-8-th week of pregnancy.First, there are the rudiments of 20 milk teeth, and about the 20th week of pregnancy already formed the rudiments of permanent teeth, which are located deeper, just under the milk.
order of teething in children
Each child in childhood erupt top 20 teeth, 10 of which are located on the upper jaw and 10 - on the bottom.Usually, the appearance of teeth in infants occurs in the following sequence:
- first appear lower central incisors (the beginning of the eruption at about 6 months);
- then top;
- a few months - the upper lateral incisors;
- them already and bottom;
- after about a year and a half, cut through the upper and lower molars (or, as they are commonly called, molars);
- after them appear fangs;
- finally, at the age of 2-2.5 years in children appear second molars.
There is a formula, on that count, approximately how many teeth should be in a child to a certain age.To do this, the number of take four months, that is by the year (for 12 months) usually erupt teeth 8: 12-4 = 8.But it is worth noting that there is no exact sequence and timing of specific teething, each child individually, this process takes place: the first may erupt teeth on the upper jaw instead of incisors or canines erupt.All this is well within the normal limits.
- major importance in this process is played by the genotype (the genetic information that is transmitted to the baby from both parents).
- In second place is the duration of breastfeeding, the health of mothers during pregnancy, namely the existence of toxicity, because of which the terms are delayed teething.
- essential role in shaping the child's dentition systems are diseases that have been transferred to them in the first year of life.
For example, the delay and the violation of order of teething occurs in rickets and diseases of the thyroid gland, frequent infectious and viral diseases.Early appearance of teeth (3-4 months) occurs in children who are prone to acceleration.
symptoms of teething in children
- swollen, painful gums pale outline of the teeth suggests that soon there will be teeth.
- change the behavior of the child - he becomes moody, fussy, restless sleep at night, sleep can be intermittent.
- Profuse salivation, accompanied by a cough.Kids do not take out the hand from his mouth.
- Decreased appetite, and in some cases, perhaps even a temporary suspension of the weight gain.
- Short rash on the cheeks, chin or breast.This irritation is caused by prolonged contact with the skin of saliva.
- In some cases there may be a slight increase in temperature, liquefied stool.
- When temperatures rise, and even more so in the presence of catarrhal symptoms (runny nose, cough), call a doctor to the kid to avoid viral or infectious causes of fever.
How to help your child teething?
- most important tool for the baby from any illness - my mother's love and care.Therefore, especially in this difficult period of life for the child as often as possible is necessary to show attention, affection and care about him.
- many kids for a while brings calm massage the gums, which should be done very carefully, washed well with your fingers or using a chilled towel.You can even give your child a little frozen washcloth to chew or rub the gums with a piece of ice wrapped in a clean rag matter.
- quite effective and bring relief traditional teethers.They can be very diverse, such as rubber or filled with water.Suit even favorite toys, the main thing that they were safe and clean.
- If tried by all means, but relief did not come, try to put on a baby's inflamed gums anesthetic gel.It consists of an anesthetic (lipokain), quickly relieves pain and creating a feeling of slight numbness of the treated area.Gels with anesthetic are sold in a pharmacy.
- In very painful cases, justified the use of children's pain medication containing paracetamol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.Exception for kids up drugs containing aspirin and analgin.
- good effect can provide homeopathic remedies that reduce the temperature and reduce the signs of inflammation.
- From folk remedies in this situation is recommended compresses from broth of ordinary flowers chamomile, which is applied to the inflamed areas of the gums or cheeks of the child.
Rarely, but it happens that the baby is born with a tooth already.Of course, this situation may not be comfortable for the baby and mother during breastfeeding.Often, early tooth hurts tender gums toddler and his mother's breast.In this situation it is best to seek advice and help from the pediatric dentist.The opposite situation, but also require consultations with specialists - is a complete absence of teeth in the year-old child.Lack of dental primordia (edentia) is extremely rare.For various reasons, in the structure of the teeth, their development and the location of a number of deviations can occur:
- incorrect position of the tooth axis (horizontal or oblique), making it erupt outside the arc of the dentition or grow horizontally - in the thickness of the jaw bone;
- no germ of a tooth;
- some violations of formation of the tooth - size, shape, position, color, defect enamel coating, etc .;
- malocclusion, occurs due to the uneven growth of the jaws, the reason for which it becomes a long sucking the nipple;
- wide gaps between the teeth are caused by the rapid growth of the jaw during the transition period - change of milk teeth to permanent, and it is not considered an anomaly.And the gap between the front incisors, arising from the deep frenulum of the upper jaw, will help to correct orthodontist.
first baby visit to the dentist should be to six months.At this time, the expert estimated the structure is correct maxillofacial unit and the state of bridles toddler tongue upper and lower lips.This is a must check as bridles defects can influence the process of sucking, dentition erupting in the future even in the child's speech.Regular visits to the dentist recommended kiddies after a year.
When milk teeth need to carefully look after them: parents of babies to wipe children's teeth, and more adult kids to learn how to clean them.Otherwise guard against caries is difficult because milk teeth are made of very soft enamel.
Teething childrenfirst teeth erupt