The first solid foods
Child Development / / April 05, 2016
first complementary foods while breastfeeding and bottle-fed
first solid foods to your baby is very important for many reasons.It introduces the child to the world of new flavors and enriches the body with essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements, it attaches to food culture.When the first solid foods introduced during breastfeeding and what?Where to begin bottle-feeding up?Answers to these questions are often advisory.
As a first complementary foods before the recommended sauce (vegetables, fruit), cereal, juice.Science does not stand still, new research is being conducted.In the light of the latest data, fruits and juices should be introduced much later.So where to start the first solid foods a child?However, first things first.
They are recommended to introduce the kids that are poorly gaining weight, premature babies often.And those who do not suffer from constipation.Kashi for the first gluten-free foods are selected - it is rice, corn and buckwheat.Millet is introduced later.Enter only one kind of grain, cereal mixtures excluded.
Parents can choose a product of industrial production, which has a balanced composition and milled cereals for its naturalness.Choice is due solely the decision of mom and dad.Some firmly believe that the cereal boxes in the most secure, since the production process is controlled by the quality (no heavy metals, pesticides, etc.), while others believe that the hand-held quality grain from the fields.One type of baby foods offered for 2 weeks, then the same term is given to the second kind of porridge, and so on.
As the first solid foods with artificial feeding, breastfeeding and mixed can be not only cereals, but also vegetables.
Purée recommended for children who have some problems with stool (constipation).Tavern for the first complementary foods - the best option.It is hypoallergenic, prepared quickly, pleasant to the taste.It contains a lot of minerals (calcium, carotene), vitamins, strengthens the immune system.Cauliflower almost equal in popularity.Iron, iodine, phosphorus, potassium, vegetable protein - these and many other substances in the cauliflower strengthen bones, blood vessels, beneficial effects on the metabolism.Pumpkin, carrots, potatoes will also be useful small consumers.Purée the first feeding is made up of a single component, but when the baby is already familiar with the taste of squash, pumpkin, cauliflower, you can combine them together.
Fruits and juice is not recommended as the first foods.Firstly, due to the acid content they irritate delicate baby stomach.Secondly, they fill the volume of the stomach, not providing the desired high-grade food.So if we as parents want to pamper baby apples or pears, you should consult with the district pediatrician.
Guidelines for the preparation of baby food
How to prepare a child's first solid foods, and do it right?
1. Vegetables desirable steamed.This keeps more nutrients.
2. Kashi own cooking should be in a coffee grinder to grind and cook on the water.The consistency of porridge should first be brought closer to the mixture, and then slowly brought to us the usual kind.
3. It is important to observe sterility.Mom washes her hands, all the items needed for cooking, preparing vegetables, grinds to a blender, introducing supplements and again bring to a boil.Even if the bacteria were mashed, when re-boiling, they will die.
4. The mashed potatoes and homemade porridge are added salt, butter, cow's or goat's milk, sugar.Valid water, the mother's milk or formula.Porridge is prepared on the water, then diluted with expressed milk to the desired state.Purée the consistency should be as close to the yogurt, then the crumbs will be easier to try it.
5. It is unacceptable to warm up the lure!Kashi stores 30 minutes, then they should not be giving the kids.
6. When buying canned foods or cereals for industrial production, it is always important to pay attention to the expiry date and date of manufacture.The composition should be only vegetables and water.Any flavorings, thickeners and other additives.
introducing a new product, it is important to monitor the child's reaction.Redness, rash, swelling, anxiety, impaired chair - with the appearance of these signs of the product should be discontinued.Sometimes in the stool can be seen pieces of undigested foods.In small quantities it is permissible.By introducing the first solid foods, it is better to keep a food diary to see the whole picture clearly the child's reactions to new products.