Pregnancy And Childbirth / / May 13, 2016
Another complication of the postpartum period, which is diagnosed, including by means of ultrasound, is postpartum endometritis.
Predisposing factors of postpartum endometritis include:
- preeclampsia (complication of the second half of pregnancy, manifested by high blood pressure, edema, protein in the urine);
- prolonged labor, in particular the long dry period;
- genera large fruit or malposition;
- birth in women with a narrow pelvis;
- childbirth in nulliparous older than 30 years;
- birth in women younger than 19 years;
- placenta previa (placenta is fully or partially overlaps the output of the uterus);
- premature detachment of normally located placenta;
- infection at delivery pathogens, sexually transmitted diseases.
special attention and the ultrasound examination after birth deserve women constitute a risk group for the occurrence of postpartum infectious complications.Some US hospitals after birth do everything.But the fact.Who is at risk, this study prescribe mandatory.
include women with high-risk groups:
- abortion (the risk increases with the number of abortions);
- Complications of previous pregnancies and births;
- chronic infection in the body (chronic tonsillitis, chronic pyelonephritis, and inflammatory diseases of the genital organs).
special attention in terms of complications require women who smoke during pregnancy, and alcohol abuse.Risk factors for inflammation after birth is a complication during childbirth itself.These complications include:
- premature birth;
- long dry period (when more than 12 hours have passed since the outpouring of water before the birth of the child);
- uterine inertia;
- significant blood loss during labor (0.5 liters);
- manual examination of the uterus after delivery (it is carried out as necessary, if the doctor attending the delivery, there is a suspicion of a delay in the uterus placenta pieces of membranes);
- birth canal injury;
- horionamnionit (inflammation of the membranes).
endometritis requires active antibacterial treatment.Changes in the uterus resulting suffering postpartum endometritis may later lead to more serious complications, such as infertility and miscarriage.