Early Child Development / / March 26, 2016
Montessori system: lessons home
course, buy the full set of Montessori - material under the force of a children's center or kindergarten - a simple parents did not pull.However, if you like the method and the opportunity to go there in a specialized kindergarten - do not worry.The fact that comply with the basic principles of the educational system, you can simple life organization.
need only spend a certain amount of time and effort, but make no mistake - it all pay off later!So, where do you start?First of all, remember that all the furniture in your baby's room should be light and be sure to match its growth (it is not necessary, as it is like to do many parents to stock furniture "navyrost").
You will need a table and chair, that child will be able to use during home exercises, as well as the regiment, to any part of which it will be easy to reach and which will be able to supply materials for the job.Do not forget a simple truth: kids often feel in our adult world literally as Lilliputians inthe country of the giants: many items of interest, it is not available to them.Because
show respect to his little wise guy - and immediately see how important these, at first glance seem to you unprincipled, details.Find a special place not only for the individual toothbrush and towels (again, all that is desirable to place in the bathroom at the level of growth of the child), but also a certain area in the house where lie the little sponge, cloth for wiping dust, broom and dustpan.
Do not be afraid to trust your child to a variety of household chores, even if the cleaning up after his "work" takes some time - have to put up with this.Kid, whose efforts inspire respect for adults, growing independent and able to take initiative.
And now, we present a few simple exercises to practice at home with the child, which will require from you a minimum cash investments and preparations.However, for the success of the case is still worth to follow some simple but very important rules.
- Before you engage in, select the materials for the same place, by teaching the child to order.
- During the show or presentation, to put scientific "montessorianskim" language, using a minimum of words and movements - give your child the opportunity to make discoveries by studying the properties of objects.
- Be patient - after what seems to be so easy for you, is not necessarily as simple and trivial for 3-year-old child.We must not forget that the main role of the Montessori - the teacher is to observe.It is natural that your first instinct is if the kid something does not work, will intervene, "Let me show you how to!" Be patient, let the child finish the exercise.
- Provide your child the right to choose one or other materials for work and duration of employment with them, to make as many repetitions and to finish the job at any time.
However, to develop skills of self-discipline is necessary to try to explain to the child that the exercise should be completed, before taking the materials in place.
Occupation "oversleeping rice" (2.5 to 5 years)
development of muscular coordination, the ability to accurately pour from a pitcher into a cup, gaining self-confidence.You will need:
a small tray with a glass and a jug half-filled with rice;a rag to wipe the table.Presentation:
- place all the items listed on the table, and then call them and actions with them ( "glass", "pitcher", "pour", etc.);
- one hand gently take the jug by the handle, and the other - glass;place the jug right in the middle of the glass and pour the rice into it;And now let the child will work itself - gradually succeed.
When your baby reaches perfection in the turn-over of rice, you can have is to move to liquid substances, allowing the child to pour yourself milk or juice from a jug into a glass.
Occupation "Shining shoes" (3 to 5 years)
teach a child to take care of yourself and be sure to bring the work started before the end, he had to develop coordination and dexterity.You will need:
newspaper, a pair of shoes, shoe-shine cream, brush and a rag.Presentation:
- Spread newspaper on the floor;
- special brush carefully to remove the dirt from the shoes;
- holding his left hand shoes, apply the cream right, repeat the same with the other shoe;
- let dry cream on the shoes.At this time, gently close the lid on the cream;
- cloth, buff the shoes to shine;Now give your child the opportunity to take care of his shoes.
Occupation "Find the size of the cap" (2 to 4 years)
development of visual and motor coordination.You will need:
4-6 bottles or jars of various sizes with lids (cover can be stored in a small container).Presentation:
- arrange the bottles on the table in front of the baby;
- slowly remove the cap and screw the back;
- first put on the cover, corresponding to the size of the bottle, then stir the lid.And now let the child to find the right cover to the bottle.It's not easy, but he will cope!
Occupation "Capsule with tissue samples" (2.5 to 5 years)
development and refinement of tactile sensations.You will need:
small box where you want to advance to put on a pair of pieces of fabric each 9 different textures such as silk, cotton, wool, mohair, jacquard, linen, etc.).Presentation:
- show the baby three pairs of fabric pieces, the most contrasting each other in texture;
- quickly mix them and ask the kid to find a pair, feeling their hands (and not peeking!);
- when the baby finally understands the meaning of exercise.Gradually add the other pieces of cloth;Encourage the child to do the same with a blindfold.
Occupation "magic bag" (3 to 5 years)
acquaintance with objects of different shapes, the development of tactile sensations.You will need:
bag with 8-10 objects known to the child (eg, a comb, a whistle, lace, etc.).Presentation:
- tie the kid's eyes closed and ask them;
- let the child will pull out of the bag one item and try to identify it by touch;after the child will be able to identify all the same things that are in the bag, you can replace them with others, gradually increasing the level of difficulty depending on the age of the baby.
This exercise can also be used with objects that begin with the same letter (for example, if you have learned with the kid the letter "l", put in a sack spoon, leaf, eraser, etc.).
Of course, this is not a complete list of the exercises that you can do with your child as part of the Montessori method.More information can be found in books and textbooks written on the topic.The most important thing is that you are willing to devote time studies with a toddler and enjoy the co-creation!
29, 04, 2016