Childhood Diseases / / March 24, 2016
with inflammation of the paranasal sinuses (sinusitis, sinusitis) to be trifled with.But doctors know how to treat sinusitis
Until we have something that is not sore, we do not think how brilliant we arranged the body.To air is warmed and purified, it must go through several mazes inside the nose - a cavity covered with grease required - mucus.
These cavities called sinuses and are not only for comfortable breathing, but to equalize the pressure between the cavitary formations skull and atmospheric.When the sinuses become inflamed.Doctors call this sinusitis (from the Latin sinus -. «Sinus»).
Total in humans 4 pairs of sinuses: maxillary, frontal, basic (wedge-shaped) and lattice.Maxillary (maxillary) sinuses largest volume each - about 30 cm 3, and therefore sinusitis - one of the most common types of sinusitis .The first symptoms of this disease described the doctor Sinusitis (Highmore) in the XVII century - hence the name.
sinusitis in children
Finally maxillary sinus forms the only 7 years.In young children mainly observed ethmoiditis or sinusitis.Sometimes widespread inflammation develops in older children polisinusit (inflammation of the sinuses).In this first inflamed sinuses ethmoid (ethmoiditis), then - okolonosnye sinuses (sinusitis), and then - an inflammation of the frontal (frontal) and sphenoid sinus (sphenoiditis).
disadvantage of the sinuses is that, being quite large, they have a very small excretory opening - anastomosis (1-3 mm), which sinuses open into the nasal cavity.When mucosal edema fistula closed, broken mucus drain from the sinuses, causing gradually becomes inflamed.
Causes of sinusitis
most common cause of sinusitis - finished the cure before the end of runny or transferred to the legs of SARS (influenza, measles, etc.).There may be, and the state of violating the nasal breathing: deviated septum, chronic (allergic or vasomotor) rhinitis.Very often provoke sinusitis patients adenoids or the roots of the disease four back of the upper teeth.
So first get into the sinus pathogenic microbes and the body due to lower immunity, cooling or allergies can not provide the necessary resistance to infection.Due to the swelling stops sinus ventilation.It is isolated from the nasal cavity, but it gradually mucus, gradually filling the sinus.There are ideal conditions for the breeding of germs.Sinus pus begins to fill, it is strongly absorbed into the bloodstream, poisoning the entire body.
If sinusitis is left untreated, the disease becomes chronic.It would seem, sinusitis retreats headache being phased out, passing a feeling of heaviness in the nose pawns not always, but more often - in the supine position.There are complaints that are typical of chronic inflammation of the nasopharynx - scratchy, sore throat when swallowing, dry.
Sometimes this process is asymptomatic and only reveals itself through the years, when the child is already in school.Becoming chronic sinusitis often causes complications in the internal organs - heart, kidneys, liver, lungs.
Usually audiologist diagnoses after the X-ray.To date, the most informative method of diagnostics - computed tomography of the paranasal sinuses.As a convenience method sometimes used transillumination (candling sinuses using a special light source is introduced into the mouth of the test).
- The first thing to do - to remove swelling with anastomosis to the mucus could have put themselves in a natural way.To do this 3-4 times a day sick child drip vasoconstrictive drops (Naphthyzinum, Sanorin, galazolin).The drops should fall directly into the middle nasal meatus, so put the baby on the bed, threw back his head back.If inflammation of the sinuses unilateral, tilt the child's head in a sick way.
- parallel using anti-inflammatory (Protargolum, colloid silver), antibacterial and anti-allergic drugs.
- If time is lost, and inflammation of the sinuses become purulent, antibiotics are appointed.
- puncture, puncture or , carried out in the most severe cases.But it can be done only when the sinus .The rest of the sinus available for flushing.Unfortunately, psychologically children perceive this method of treatment is quite difficult, although the puncture is done under local anesthesia.
- Bloodless catheter drainage of the sinuses is carried "YAMIK".It consists of two thin rubber tubes 2 and cans.One tube is inserted into the patient's nose and "work" cans.Swelling above and below the anastomosis of the sinuses, they overlap exits from the nose into the throat and nostrils.Washing
- sinus pressure by using a vacuum device.Negative pressure helps pump out the pus, and then enter the drug.
Symptoms of inflammation of the sinuses (sinusitis)
itself lingering runny nose - is not a reason to panic, but if timely treatment of the child's nose is stuffed 7-10 days longer and the baby does not feel any relief, there is a riskthat inflammation in the sinuses began.Pay attention to these symptoms:
- long purulent rhinitis with watery or mucous;
- difficulty in nasal breathing, possible congestion Alternate right and left half of the nose;
- dryness of the throat;
- frequent expectoration, copious mucous or muco-purulent sputum in the morning;
- heaviness and pain in the inflamed sinus.Sometimes pain in the teeth, eyes, cheekbones, cheeks;
- acute sensitivity of the face;
- elevated body temperature (up to 38C and higher).Typically, this symptom is observed in the acute case.In chronic course of body temperature rises or rarely rests on subfebrile marks (37-37,5S);
- malaise: memory loss, fatigue, irritability.Photophobia, lacrimation, denial of food, sleep disturbance;
- weakened sense of smell or lack thereof;
- swelling of the cheeks and eyelids.
All symptoms are worse when bending forward (tying shoelaces symptom).Gradually, the pain becomes localized, and the child's headache.
To prevent the transition of the disease into a chronic stage, do not pull the time.If the baby has at least a few of these symptoms, consult your doctor.Only he can correctly diagnose the disease and prescribe appropriate treatment.
Folk medicine treatment of sinusitis
1. Do not get carried away folk medicine (drip into the nose juice, apply compresses on the nose).When purulent sinus fistula swells so much that the outflow of pus becomes impossible.In order to avoid complications (sepsis, meningitis) treatment of sinusitis should be entirely under the supervision of a physician and carried out only in combination with conventional treatment.
2.Vozderzhites of heatings at home.Typically, this only leads to deterioration.Do not try to wash their own nose.Improperly done, washing will likely harm than good.
3.Good established itself homeopathy.It strengthens the protective properties of the organism.
4. From physiotherapy good effect give UFO nasal cavity, diathermy and others. However, keep in mind that when there is insufficient outflow of pus from the sinus heat treatments can lead to increased headache and to the aggravation of the disease.
5.Odin of the safest options for self - inhalation.Do they need a 5-7-day incessant cold.Mix 1 tablespoon of sage leaves, chamomile flowers and marigold.Pour a glass of boiling water, bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
For the procedure, you can use the inhaler.Or just pour this mixture into a porcelain teapot and making a paper cone, ask the baby to breathe out of the spout.In the absence of inhalation allergy take propolis and menthol oil, hot water dripping into the pair of the two drops.A good option - to breathe over a saucepan of boiled potatoes in their skins.
6.Poprobuyte hold facial hard rubber disk (clockwise).Make a 1 turn in the face for 1 second.Duration of treatment - 10-15 minutes.At night you can put a circle on the forehead and nose.
In chronic purulent sinusitis child can help Russian bath, especially the pine and fir broth, and at night apply in the area of sick sinus pieces of copper (up to 1961 coins), fixing them plaster.
Treatment of chronic sinusitis
On stage resorption and for the treatment of chronic sinusitis doctors recommend special massage and breathing exercises.Massage
Gently tap on the nose for 2-3 minutes a large phalanx of the thumb.At first, you need to do is drain tapping at least 1 time in half an hour.Locate the following points: the inner upper corner of the eyebrows, the center point between the eyebrows, inside the lower part of the eye socket, the middle point on the nasolabial fold.These points should be a little painful.Massage them clockwise (20-30 seconds per point).Breathing exercises
Let the child take turns breathe 10 times the left and right nostrils (4-6 seconds), closing their thumb and forefinger.This exercise helps improve circulation.
| Home |
Discuss the topic in the forum
26, 04, 2016
26, 04, 2016