- 1 Traditional French charlotte
- 2 recipe in multivarka
- 3 with cookies, strawberry and mascarpone
Traditional French charlotte
classic French apple pie withapples, which is prepared on the basis of white bread, there was supposedly in the XVIII century and was named in honor of Queen Charlotte (the wife of King George III).At first glance, a cake of bread may seem strange, instead of the usual batter us.But believe me, the French know a lot about cooking!
You will need:
- apples sweet and sour - about 7 pieces (1.5 kg);
- sugar - 100 grams (if apples are sour, sugar can take and more);
- butter - 300 grams (1.5 packs);
- milk - 120 ml;
- white bread or loaf - 2 rolls;
- cornstarch - 2 tablespoons;
- vanilla sugar - 1 sachet (or vanilla on the tip of a knife).
- Melt in a thick-walled pan 50 grams of butter and place to apples, peeled and cut into large cubes.Simmer over medium heat for 7 minutes under the lid.
- Add sugar.On request, in addition to apples, you can put a jar of canned peaches or apricots.Raisins also will not be superfluous.Simmer for 10 more minutes, until the apples are similar to candied fruit.
- Stir starch in milk and, without waiting for its sedimentation, pour the mixture into the pan.Reduce heat and simmer for about another minute, stirring constantly.This filling is ready, you can remove it from the heat.
- Melt the rest of butter.Prepare the bread is cut into thin slices, as in toast, and drain in the oven or in a frying pan (just a little bit, not leading to a brown crust).
- Dip the bread in the melted butter and gently lay them in the bottom of the form of overlap (so that the filling is poured).Part of bread cut into narrower slices and place them on the edges of the form vertically, also overlap.
- now spread apple stuffing and are building on top of it a second layer of bread (do not forget the bread soaked in butter, too).
- Bake French apple pie in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees for about an hour.Before serving, let it rest for about 15 minutes In addition to the cake, you can apply ice cream, custard or sweet curd.
recipe in multivarka
If you - mother of a large family or just a very busy man, French charlotte recipe can be simplified somewhat, and thus it will be no less delicious and fragrant.Quickly cook French charlotte help you multivarka and a jar of jam.
You will need:
- white bread - 1 loaf;
- milk - 1 cup;
- any jam - 1 jar (or as will fit);
- butter - 20 grams;
- sugar - 100 grams;
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg - to taste.
- Cut the bread slices arbitrary, pre-cut the crust with it.
- dry it in the oven (or just take a little stale loaf).
- Put the bread in the pan, pour the milk and put on a slow fire.Sliced loaf need to stretch your shoulder blade.
- Add the butter and stir it all a couple of minutes.When you need to break into the egg mixture and sugar.Cinnamon - on request.Knead into a homogeneous mass.Thus, you get simple enough dough.
- Multivarki Grease the bowl with butter or margarine and place half the dough.On him pour the jam and close the second layer of dough.
- Replace the "Baking" mode for at least 40 minutes.Serve, sprinkled with powdered sugar, coconut, nuts (especially well-suited to it apricot jam).
with cookies, strawberry and mascarpone
This ancient recipe of French charlotte involves the use of white bread and apples.Later, it was coined by a variant with cookies Savoyardy that does not require heat treatment.Such pechenyushki you can buy at the store or bake themselves (see, so even more interesting).Despite the large number of ingredients, French apple pie with strawberries prepared quickly and easily.
You will need:
- flour - 40 grams;
- eggs - 4 pieces;
- sugar - 130 grams;
- potato starch - 40 grams;
- cream (35-40%) - 200 ml;
- strawberries - 400 grams;
- mascarpone cheese - 250 grams;
- lemon peel - 1 tsp;
- milk - 100 ml (half cup);
- powdered sugar - 110 grams;
- salt - on the tip of a knife;
- coconut - 30 grams.
- First, prepare the pastry Savoyardy.Mix two thirds of the sugar and salt, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks (take chilled eggs to better whipped) and add the cooked earlier lemon sugar.Now you need to whip the whites to firm peaks.
- Whisk egg yolks until light foam (whisking need about 7 minutes) and add them to the yolks.
Sift the flour with the starch and vsypte into the egg mixture.Mix gently with a spatula until uniform.
- Using a pastry bag (or plastic bag with a hole) form the cookies on a baking sheet with parchment and sprinkle it with powdered sugar residues.Make them a length of about 7 cm and a thickness of 1 centimeter.
- Savoyardy Bake about 12 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees.Do not browning them too much, otherwise they will be stiff.
- Now prepare the cream.To do this, beat the mascarpone with the icing sugar about half a minute, then add the coconut.
- Whisk in a separate container chilled cream until firm peaks and stir them into the sweet mascarpone.
- After the ingredients are ready, you can generate, in fact, charlotte.To do this you will need molds, expanding upwards or simply a deep bowl.Some housewives are using cake pan with grooves - in these grooves just well placed cookies.Cover the entire form with cling film (it helps you then carefully remove the cake).
- Dip cookies in milk and spread on the bottom and on the edges of the form.Instead of milk, you can use a citrus juice, rum or liqueur (of course, do not use alcoholic ingredients, if the dessert would have children).
- Cut washed and obsushennuyu strawberry slices.Put on the bottom of the mold a little less than half of the cream cheese and half of the berries, close cookie layer (also soaked).
- Then again, cream, strawberry, cookies.Leave a little mascarpone to the decoration.
- Cover the entire structure with cling film and store in the fridge for 3 hours or more.
- Remove the form from the refrigerator, remove the foil and turn the deft movement charlotte onto a flat plate.Decorate it remains the cream and strawberry pieces.You can also add mint leaves and coconut.
Recipe French charlotte with apples from the eighteenth century, little has changed, and it speaks for itself.Surprise your guests with a traditional cake, and, to be sure, many will want to find out the secrets of this beautiful, like France itself, dessert.