- 1 history vinaigrette
- 2 recipe: how to prepare the vinaigrette
- 3 cooking tips salad
- 4 classic recipe salad: Video
Interesting fact- outside of our country vinaigrette called "Russian salad".Indeed, according to the classical recipe salad, salad includes ingredients for a traditional Russian lands.And sauerkraut, for example, rarely found outside of Russia.So fans of Russian cuisine and Russian traditions can safely call vinaigrette traditional Russian dish!
name "Russian salad" lettuce appeared during the reign of Alexander I. As described in Wikipedia, the palace kitchen once on the work of Russian cooks watched the famous French chef Antoine Careme.When he saw the unknown to him salad that the chef poured the vinegar, then asked: "vinaigrette" What's in French means "vinegar» (vinaigre).Russian is the cook thought that the Frenchman said name of the dish.They nodded their heads, they say yes, it is "vinaigrette".It is said that thisis in the king's menu, a new dish with the same name.
The Russian classic vinaigrette include: beets, carrots, potatoes (pre-boiled and cooled), pickles and sauerkraut, onions.All the ingredients - in roughly equal proportions.Just add a little more onion and carrots - less than other vegetables.Dressed salad three-percent vinegar, vegetable oil, salt and black pepper.An important detail - in a classic Russian salad sure to add finely chopped hard-boiled egg.Also, you can put a little salad of herring.In this case, it is not necessary to add sauerkraut, as well as reduce the amount of potatoes and onions.
recipe: how to prepare the vinaigrette
Classic vinaigrette recipe is not complicated and cope with it any hostess.For the preparation we need:
- 6 medium potatoes,
- 3 carrots,
- 2 beet,
- 4 pickled cucumber,
- 250 grams of sauerkraut,
- 1 egg,
- 60 g onions,
- 6 tablespoons of sunflower oil,
- three-percent vinegar, salt, pepper.
Thus, we begin to prepare the vinaigrette.
- Carefully my vegetables (beets, potatoes, carrots) and boiled in their skins until cooked.Wait until cool vegetables.Cleans and cut into small cubes the same size.
- parallel with vegetables boil an egg, cut into it.
- shinkuem onions and pour over boiling water to remove bitterness.
- Finely chop the pickles and gently squeeze excess liquid.
- Now you can mix all the ingredients together with sauerkraut.
- Add the vinegar, salt, pepper and dressed with sunflower oil.
cooking tips salad
- to have retained all the ingredients in a salad own color, beets cut the first and dressed with oil.
- According to the recipe salad, it added pickles and sunflower oil.However, the dish can quickly deteriorate.There may be gastrointestinal disorders in the use of such a salad after days of storage, even in the refrigerator.So if you are preparing a salad for a few days, we are sure to add oil and spices on a number of lettuce, which you'll use at a time.And the rest of the mixture in the refrigerator.
Due to the fact that a lot of vegetables in a salad, it is very useful, especially in the winter season.In addition, we recommend equip classic vinaigrette recipe for inclusion in nursing mothers menu.
Perhaps, it is difficult to find in Russian cuisine is simple and healthy dish such as a salad.But many housewives to him "not reached" because of the large number of ingredients, too lazy to bother.Well, there is nothing you can do about it - this is a classic recipe for salad.But believe me, your time, gave the preparation of this dish, it will pay gratitude households and guests.Oh, they will appreciate and the mistress, and the old "Russian salad"!