- 1 Colic in infants: what doctors usually prescribe?
- 1.1 Products containing probiotics
- 1.2 Preparations containing "simethicone»
- 1.3 Preparations containing enzymes
- 1.4 drugs herbal
- 2 How to prevent colic and GAZ carsin newborns?
- 3 7 Tips for preventing colic in infants
- 4 If this is not the colic, then what?
Colic in infants: what doctors usually prescribe?
from intestinal colic usually prescribe medications or dietary supplements containing probiotics, enzymes, or on the basis of the active ingredient "simethicone".It is also recommended to use folk remedies from colic (hemp, seeds).
Do not be surprised if the child is assigned a drug capsules.Carefully open the capsule (it is composed of two parts), not to spill the "powder", and dilute the contents into a small amount of water or breast milk.Below we present a list of the most popular drugs from colic in infants with their staff for more informative.
Products containing probiotics
Abdominal cramps in infants treated with preparations containing probiotics.These include Bifiform, Bifidumbacterin, Linex, Atsepol, Hilak Forte and others.
- Bifiform. Ingredients: Bifidobacterium longum, Enterococcus faecium, lactic ferment, acacia, magnesium stearate, lactulose, dextrose anhydrous.
- Bifidumbacterin. Ingredients: Bifidobacterium bifidum N1, lactose.
- Linex. Composition: Lactobacillus acidophilus Bifidobacterium infantis Enterococcus faecium lactose, potato starch, magnesium stearate.The composition of the capsule shell: methyl hydroxybenzoate, propyl, titanium dioxide (E171), gelatin.
- Atsepol. Ingredients: Lactobacillus acidophilus live polysaccharide kefir grains.
- Hilak Forte. Composition: Escherichia coli DSM 4087 Streptococcus faecalis DSM 4086 Lactobacillus acidophilus DSM 4149 Lactobacillus helveticus DSM 4183, heptahydrate sodium phosphate, potassium phosphate, lactic acid, concentrated phosphoric acid, potassium sorbate, citric acid monohydrate.
Preparations containing "simethicone»
Abdominal cramps in the newborn is also treated with drugs containing the active substance "simethicone".They reduce pain in the intestine and the amount of gases not addictive the child is not absorbed.These include: Espumizan, simethicone, Sabsimpleks, Disflatil, Bobotik.
- Espumizan. composition (capsules): simethicone, methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate, glycerol, dyes E104 and E110.The composition (emulsion for oral administration): simethicone, methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate, carboxymethylcellulose sodium salt, polysorbate 80, sodium cyclamate, colloidal silicon dioxide, sodium saccharin, flavor, banana, hydrochloric acid, purified water.
- simethicone, Sabsimpleks have a similar composition.
- Bobotik. Composition: simethicone, sodium saccharin, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium carmellose, citric acid monohydrate, raspberry flavor, purified water.
Sometimes enzymes for the treatment of abdominal cramps in infants prescribe medicines based on enzymes amylase, lipase, protease.They contribute to the breakdown of nutrients.These include: Mezim, Creon.When lactase deficiency appoint Laktazar.It helps to digest lactose, which is not converted into the intestine and does not form a gas colic.The effect of this drug will only if the baby does not tolerate lactose.
- Creon. Composition: pancreatin, amylase, lipase, protease, macrogol, liquid paraffin, methylhydroxypropylcellulose phthalate, dimethicone, dibutyl phthalate.The composition of the capsule shell: iron oxide red (E172), iron oxide yellow (E172), titanium dioxide (E171), gelatin.
- Laktazar. Ingredients: enzyme lactase, maltodextrin.
If the newborn tummy ache, grandmothers advised young parents to use folk remedies.This herb fennel, cumin and anise, chamomile, fennel seeds.They can be used as tea, preferably in pure form, but not in the pellet.When preparing herbal "potions" follow the exact proportions.To save time and convenience you can buy in a pharmacy special preparations on the basis of the above herbs: BeybiKalm, Bebinos, Plantex.
- BeybiKalm. Ingredients: extracts of vegetable oils - dill, anise, mint.
- Bebinos. Ingredients: chamomile flowers extract, propylene glycol, saccharin, sorbitol, fruit extract fennel, coriander seed extract.
- Plantex. Ingredients: fennel fruit dry aqueous extract, essential oil of fennel, acacia gum, dextrose anhydrous, lactose.
If you are prescribed a number of drugs or suggested to try one at a time, do not rush.As a rule, the parents at the time of colic in the child time to buy up the entire pharmacy, and eventually find a single drug that helped.But not the fact that it was he who helped most likely the child has turned 3 months.And this is the age to which abdominal colic in newborns usually pass on their own.Keep in mind that any intervention in the natural formation of the gastrointestinal tract may harm the baby.
How to prevent colic in infants and GAZ cars?
There is the most effective prevention of colic in infants.But, most likely, you now too late to talk about it.If you're reading this advice, then the problem is you have touched.We specifically: at a time when the baby is still in my mother's tummy, he laid the gastrointestinal tract.And how right my mother eats and how healthy her intestinal microflora, determine the future health of your baby.So get useful bifidobacteria and lactic acid bacteria in food.From encapsulated preparations with probiotic use less, so you should give preference to the fresh kefir, yogurt and biomorozhenomu.Healthy mother - healthy child!
7 Tips for preventing colic in infants
- Diet. If the child eats the mother's milk, you should eliminate from your diet foods that cause flatulence: cabbage, mushrooms, grapes, beans, peppers, cucumbers, onions, cheese, cottage cheese.Learn more about what you can not eat a nursing mother, read our other article.
- Gymnastics. Do not forget to do gymnastics for the baby, it is useful not only for the prevention of colic.
- Massage tummy. Do gentle massage tummy after feeding: clockwise circular motion around pupochka.
- Warm diaper. Before serving, lay the baby on his tummy with bent knees on a warm diaper.
- proper breastfeeding. child should grab the nipple and most of the breast areola.See that the baby is not sucking his lip.Pressing should be tight, otherwise the baby swallowing air.
- Exercise "column." After feeding, hold the baby or diarrhea "column" (upright) for ten minutes.
- herbal tea. Drink herbal tea with fennel, anise, dill seed.
If this is not the colic, then what?
Perhaps the baby is teething.There are kids who have already got the first tooth and a half months!
Colic your child has colic or not, in any case, you need to show the child's pediatrician.Surgery, neurology pass in a month, but if the situation is critical, and you can sooner.It excludes umbilical hernia surgeon, neurologist - intracranial pressure.Proceed standard inspection, do ultrasound to find out the cause of the bitter crying baby.The main thing - do not be nervous and to create harmony in the house!Be healthy!
We also recommend to read our article "Colic in infants: 10 tips on how to ease the pain of the child", in which we covered such topics:
- what the intestinal colic,
- why there abdominal colic in infants,
- colic symptoms
- 10 tips on how to ease the pain of a child with colic.