- 1 Which genes are responsible for our tastes?
- 2 not only the taste, but also eating behavior
- 3 Features nutritional needs and healthy eating
- 4 Where and how do you know about your food habits?
degree of influence of the genetic information on our nutritional needs and preferences great.According to British scientists of the Royal College, conducted a large-scale study of the influence of genes on the tastes of the people in 2008, this dependence is 41-48%.That is our food preferences, craving for sweets, or, for example, acidic, laid into us genetically.And cultivate a love for this or that product is not possible, even thoroughly accustomed to it from childhood.
Which genes are responsible for our tastes?
6 years ago Italian scientists A. Robin and N. Pirastu opened the world to the conference of the European Society of geneticists features 17 genes influence on taste perception of certain products, such as coffee and chocolate, artichokes and bacon, yogurtand cheese, and some other speciesfood.Today, science allows us to estimate the impact on our taste preferences of all the genes responsible for love or, conversely, the rejection of certain foods.
The main genes that form our diet, include the following.
- TAS2R38 - this gene is characterized by particular detection of bitter taste receptors in the oral cavity. Some people (with genotype T / T) sensitivity to it is weak, which is why they refuse to use products with a bitter taste (radish, cabbage, mustard, plum, quince, tea and coffee).For others - on the contrary, strongly genotype C \ C characterizes especially sensitive to bitter taste and causes its host to avoid these products.This leads to a lack of antioxidants in the diet, different suppliers which are the bitter fruits and vegetables, beverages and spices.
- GLUT2 - gene sweet tooth, which determines how safely you treat all products containing sugar. People with genotype C \ C does not suffer a fatal thrust to it, because of which are less prone to obesity and type 2 diabetes.When genotype T / T desire to eat "something sweet" and pursues the man often irreversibly, causing excessive calorie consumption and related health problems.
- CD36 - gene perception of fat. He is responsible for the sensitivity to fats contained in the food, and the opportunity to control their consumption.When the genotype G / G man can do it on an intuitive level, avoiding fatty foods excess in the diet.Genotype A / A, on the other hand, implies insensitivity to fats, which is why their consumption is increasing, causing metabolic disorders and the risk of excess weight.
not only the taste, but also eating behavior
Whether we have a lot or a little, shall we "jam" problem, also depends on the individual gene pool, experts MyGenetics Russian company.Features of our eating behavior is determined 3 gene.
- FTO and MC4R - control the saturation rate of the consumption of food by means of exposure to insulin and leptin hormones. At low activity hormone satiety comes later, because of what man has longer (and thus more) there.With a high - risk of obesity due to excess food does not exist, since the saturation occurs quickly.
- DRD2 - a gene that allows to predict the propensity to impulsive snacking. When genotype G / G it is not a factor entailing obesity.Genotype A / A allows you to predict a strong desire to eat in a stressful or unusual situations, for example, because of problems at work or at the banquet table with unusual dishes.He is also a risk factor for obesity.
Features nutritional needs and healthy eating
Individual genetic information shapes our tastes, especially the assimilation of products and relationship to food.Do not use this knowledge represented by modern genetic science, then, exclude the possibility of truly healthy lifestyle.Even while working out and avoiding unhealthy foods (and maybe they are harmful and are not you?), It is impossible to achieve harmony with your own body.Why?You do not know how it is set up it your genes!
Proceeding from individual genotype diet can be adjusted as required by your body.
- When lactose intolerance - to completely eliminate it, than to protect themselves from gastrointestinal disorders.
- If unable to digest gluten - refuse cereals that contain the protein and prevent the occurrence of dangerous autoimmune process in the gastrointestinal tract.
- In the absence of sensitivity to fatty foods , propensity to impulsive snacking and overeating correct diet and eliminate the likelihood of obesity.
fats, proteins, carbohydrates, sugar, alcohol, coffee - all that enriches, brings pleasure and relaxation, all that is the basis of our daily lives - can be under your control.And form healthy eating, beauty, body, promote weight loss without dieting common, but subject to an individual diet that meets your genetic features.
Where and how do you know about your food habits?
Today, this service is very popular in the West, in Europe and the United States.In Russia, it is still a novelty. One of the companies offering DNA diet is MyGenetics. Here you can make the analysis of the genes responsible for taste preferences and feeding behavior.This young Russian scientific enterprise, which became part of a cohort of innovative companies of the business incubator of Technopark in Novosibirsk Akademgorodok.enterprise based on the fundamental scientific basis of the Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, and in the development and implementation of the projects it is working with the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of the SB RAS.
to undergo DNA testing to determine your individual genetic level, order a kit sufficient to collect samples and send it by mail to MyGenetics.A confidential analysis is carried out for 4 weeks, after which you will be given a report in the form of an illustrated magazine review.In it in a clear and understandable form shows the characteristics of your genetic level.And given detailed advice on nutrition, physical activity for weight loss, preservation of beauty and health.