Salt or sea salt : helpful or harmful ?In what doses necessary to use salt, what its benefits and harms to the body
Diet / / May 03, 2016
still tense debate how harmful or useful salt.
sodium chloride can carry a beneficial or harmful to the body.
It's not about its properties, and in the amount that enters the body all consume food.
Sol: composition, species, as used
Food salt - a natural food product that has a natural origin.The powdered (trade) form consists of small white crystals.In addition the composition of sodium and chlorine is the presence of other minerals is magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, manganese, copper, selenium, fluoride, and zinc.
Depending on the grind produced several kinds:
• Small - dissolves rather quickly, it decided to add to the already ready meals (snacks, salads).
• average - often used for rubbing meat products (dry salting view), when baked or smoked fish, canning and pickling vegetables.
• Major - in the preparation of soups, meats, cereals, at salting of fish.
Scope salt is extensive enough:
• Household: helps fight insects in the room to keep the freshness of plucked flowers, is a good cleaner for working kitchen surfaces, drain systems, utensils, eliminating the rusty plaque addedto the powder when washing clothes.
• Cooking: used as a seasoning for food.
• Medicine: for the treatment of colds, diseases of supporting - motor system, for the preparation of medical solutions.
• Chemical Industry: for the production of chlorine, caustic soda and calcined forms, hydrogen, synthetic resins, fertilizers.
• Livestock: used as a feed additive.
• Cosmetology: salt is part of ointments, shampoos, creams.Many cosmetic procedures used to affect the hair, skin and nails.
In stores you can find salt:
• Stone - has a natural origin, it consists of large gray crystals.
• Cookbook - milled and bleached industrial method tile kind of salt.
• «Extra» - as part contains only the sodium ions without the presence of other elements.It is the least useful of all kinds.
• Iodized - a product with the introduction of the iodine.It needs more than half the population of the country, because it is iodine deficiency is often the cause of many diseases.
• Low sodium content, when about 30% of the sodium in the product is replaced with potassium and magnesium.
• Sea - is considered the most useful form of salt, since its composition in addition to the usual chlorine and sodium include iodine, magnesium, sulfur and their compounds.This composition gives the product a specific taste.
• Exotic - green, gray, red ukulele, smoked French, Himalayan pink.All these types of salt do not have therapeutic properties and are suitable only for making diversity into everyday meals.
Salt: what is the use for the body
Salt for normal functioning of our body is a must.The human body is nearly 70% water.It was only able to maintain the salt balance of water at a normal level.
deficiency of salt can lead to malfunction of many organs and systems .It is composed of two types of molecules of chlorine and sodium.Chlorine is required for the synthesis of the body hydrochloric acid present in the stomach.Held by the nervous, skeletal and muscular tissues sodium molecules contribute to coordinated activities of bodies.
Sol participates in all metabolic processes.It is able to maintain the desired osmotic pressure of the concentrated cell fluids.Thanks to this its operations, each cell has the necessary number of useful substances.
Sol - one of the best preservatives.It slows down or completely stops the development, reproduction of pathogenic microflora in the product.
health benefits from its use as an external tool invaluable:
• gruel from it relieves pain, inflammation and itching at the bite of insects.
• Baths help strengthen nails.
• Wiping the skin with a solution to help get rid of facial acne.
• gargling and inhalation to help with colds.
Our body is unable to form sodium alone.His arrival from the outside (with food) is very important for health.But the benefits for the body will be evident only in the case if the incoming number does not exceed the norm.
Sol: What is the harm to health
human need for sodium chloride is only 8 to 10 grams per day.This rate includes a salt that is added in the preparation of food and salt, which is found in all foods.Often, the total number of its several times higher than normal.It is important to remember how "tricky" this product and harm carries:
• digestive system: it can cause the formation of gastritis and stomach ulcers.
• For bodies of view may be the cause of cataracts.
• For the blood system:
- leads to the accumulation of fluid.Due to its increase in load on the system is enhanced by several times.
- Increased fragility of vessel walls.
• For nervous system: vascular atherosclerosis develops in the brain.His most terrible consequence of a stroke, often leading to death.
• For joints: their flexibility greatly reduced.There are a lot of pain when walking, swelling, develops a reaction to the change in weather.
• Bones: demineralization of bone - osteoporosis.The increase in bone fragility is the cause of their frequent fractures.
• Effect on body weight.The increase in salt intake leads to appetite stimulation, the accumulation of fluid in the body, slows down fat metabolism.People who want to maintain the shape or seeking to lose weight, its use should be minimized.
marked influence on the rise of salt figure blood pressure.Changing his testimony upward entails increase in the load on the cardio - vascular system, a change in the quality and visual acuity.Often excess salt cause the formation of kidney stones, gall bladder and passages.
proved the link between salt intake and psycho-emotional state of a person .Its deficiency leads to the development of depression, aggravation of a number of nervous and mental diseases.
course, the complete rejection of the unacceptable salts.However, many health problems can be avoided by minimizing its content in the food.
salt children: useful or harmful
Sol - a particular product, which is the minimum level in all kinds of baby food.It is even present in breast milk.The amount of salt in it is only 7 mmol / L (e.g., cow contains 25 mmol / l).
necessity of an organism of children in the lowest salt.In many products, it is in the natural form.Therefore, if a child is given food without adding salt, then the child's body will not notice its absence.
On the advice of pediatricians, introduce salt in the diet of babies as possible after 1.5 years.If its amount is within the normal range, the salt brings only benefits:
• regulates the water-salt metabolism;
• stimulates activity of kidneys.
Exceeding the daily salt needs will cause harm to the baby's health.Possible exacerbation or development of certain diseases:
• failure of the kidneys;
• violation of water-salt metabolism;
• development of a hypertensive condition;
• disturbance in fat metabolism.
first signs of excess salt can be seen from the appearance of puffiness on the face, especially in the morning.This is due to salt water holding property.
its presence in the diet of children - more than a habit of parents than the kids themselves need.Do not rush to add salt to children's meals.
for pregnant and lactating mothers: salt damage
about the dangers of salt is known for a long time.This product has restrictions for pregnant or lactating mothers. Abuse of salt leads to:
• increase the load on the kidneys, heart and liver;
• weakening of the intensity of blood flow;
• high blood pressure indicator.
harm is caused not only the woman's body, but the danger is for the baby.If the mother is breastfeeding, the salt content in milk also increases.The penetration of the salt to the unborn baby is still going through the blood of his mother.
During pregnancy and breast-feeding should eat only the amount of ordinary salt.Salt-free kind of diet can be assigned with the identified diseases of the kidneys, heart, liver, hypertension in the mother.
To reduce the risk of complications and ill health from an overabundance of salt, most doctors recommend its use iodized kind.
Sea salt: how does it differ when it is beneficial, as when the harm
Between all the usual table salt and sea, there are differences, but these products have a similar taste and the basic components of matter in them is sodium chloride.
The main differences lie in sea salt:
• production process.It is formed by evaporation of water by natural means (sun) and there is no human intervention.
• Chemical treatments.It never exposed to artificial bleaching and evaporation from reservoirs.
• minerals and trace elements: their presence is significantly higher than in other types of product.
species composition of marine salt, which includes a large number of elements, providing benefits to the human body:
• a positive effect on the skin;
• supports the function of internal organs and systems;
• helps to maintain immunity;
• used in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases - cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, endocrine and nervous systems;
• affects the well-coordinated work of the musculoskeletal system, blood formation processes and exchange.
Damage from salt marine species seen in excess of the daily dose of consumption.The fact that the product has a positive effect on the body, does not give the right to use it without the steps.Large salt content can be dangerous and sometimes fatal.
only competent and judicious use of salt will be invaluable for the body.Otherwise, a person can acquire more health problems.