Dried apricots - description , properties , use in cooking.Recipes with dried apricots .
Recipes / / August 12, 2017
Dried apricots - dried apricot description
called dried apricots.As a rule, large varieties of fruit before drying, freed from seed.Fruits are small varieties of dried apricots with pits, such apricots called dried apricots.Dried apricots pitted, but not divided into halves, called Kaisa.
Chinese apricot trees grown for over 5000 years;Apricot southern Europe came about two thousand years ago, thanks to the Armenian merchants, so in ancient times it was there and it was called - the Armenian apple.Today apricot trees are grown in warm temperate climates, and in Russia places its distribution - is the Caucasus and the southern regions of the European part.
are more than 20 varieties of apricots.Central Asian varieties with small fruit size, referred to as dried apricots are thermophilic, so in our case, they freeze.North Caucasus and Moldova are the habitats of wild apricot (zherdely), which is characterized by an increased resistance to cold.Mature fruits have freely separated from the bone.In Eastern Siberia grows dauricus apricot, fruits of which are also edible.
Apricots that we see on our shelves, we deliver to Turkey and Tajikistan.a lot of work on the removal of special varieties of apricots is held for the production of dried apricots breeders can save on drying their useful properties and taste.
On receipt of dried apricots apricot takes about six to eight days.To obtain one kilogram of dried apricots, dried for 3 to 4 kilograms of fresh apricots.
Dried apricots - useful properties
main value of dried apricots is its ability to save on drying trace elements and nutrients.The dried apricots few vitamins, but it is rich in minerals - potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron and phosphorus, in which it is much higher than with fresh apricots.Also contained in dried apricots vitamin B5, organic acids and pectins, which are effectively free the body from heavy metals and radionuclides.Apricots sweetness due to the high content of glucose, fructose and sucrose, which may amount in total as high as 80 percent.
indications to the use of dried apricots are anemia, impaired vision, and heart disease.Also dried apricots is an excellent tonic tool, it is able to eliminate the clogging of blood vessels, increase hemoglobin, soften solid tumors, reduce the pressure, rejuvenate the skin and strengthen hair.Through vegetable fibers contained in dried apricots, cleaned intestines.Potassium salts in dried apricots prevail over sodium salts, which leads to its dietary properties.
, however, to estimate the useful properties of dried apricots may only those who are not allergic to this product.You also need to remember that excessive consumption of dried apricots can cause stomach upset.Diabetics and overweight people should also eat dried apricots with caution.
Dried apricots - calorie
Calories of dried apricots is 275 kcal.
Dried apricots - use in cooking
Dried apricots have long been an integral part of the cuisine of different nations.Most commonly it is used for desserts and confectionery products (muffins, pies, cakes, sweets and so on. D.).Chopped dried apricots often acts also as a seasoning, gives the dish a sweet and sour taste and pleasant aroma.It is used in the preparation of pilau, a variety of cereals, soups, sauces.
also apricots used to make compotes and other beverages.
Examples of recipes with dried apricots
Recipe 1: Cottage cheese casserole with dried apricots
casserole This gives a very gentle and rather sweet.It will win you a rich aroma of apricots and citrus, and the presence of a platter of dried apricots, almonds, coconut and honey not only improves the taste, but also makes it very useful.
100g.semi-sweet white wine;
zest of 1 lemon;
1 tbsp.l.almond crumbs;
1. Rinse well with dried apricots, fill it with hot water for 10 minutes.Then drain the water, add honey wine, lemon juice and zest and bring to a boil.All stew on low heat for about 7 minutes, cool and pour out the liquid into a separate container.
2. Apricots cut into small pieces.Curd carefully rub the milk in a blender to get the most homogeneous mass.Then add in cottage cheese liquid in which we cooked dried apricots, all thoroughly mixed.
3. whisking eggs and sugar in a lush lather, add them to the cottage cheese with semolina, starch, almond crumbs and mix everything well.
4. Good warm up the oven.Veiled form of parchment paper, grease it with oil and spread on the bottom of the dried apricots.Top pour the curd mass and bake for half an hour.Ready casseroles determine gently touching it midway if it hardened and became elastic, then the dish is ready.Dove casserole stand in the form of about 15 minutes, turn over it on a plate and serve.
2 Recipe: Salad with chicken, pickled mushrooms and dried apricots
This salad is not only delicious, but also very original, thanks to an unexpected combination of dried apricots and marinated mushrooms.
250 gr.pickled mushrooms;
150 gr.hard cheese;
1 small bunch of dill;
1. boil eggs, whites and yolks separately grate.Dill finely cut.Rinse well with dried apricots, fill it with hot water and allowed to stand for about 15 minutes.Then the water is drained and dried apricots cut into strips.Chicken fillet cut into strips and boil.Onions cut into thin rings and pickle in lemon juice for half an hour.Cheese rub on a coarse grater.Mushrooms cut into halves lengthwise.
2. Take platter and lay on him the mushrooms, sprinkle with dill and their top lay an egg yolk.We cover with mayonnaise.Then lay out the pickled onions on top - grated protein, and cover all the mayonnaise again.
3. On the protein spread a layer of chicken on top decompose apricots, pour mayonnaise.Top cheese spread, which is the last layer of our lettuce.Dove dish stand for at least an hour, served at the table in the refrigerator.
3 Recipe: Chicken roll with dried apricots
Very tasty and satisfying dish.Chicken meat blends it with cheese and dried apricots gives it a delicious acidity and aroma.
2 chicken fillets;
to taste salt and pepper.
1. Carefully removing the two chicken breasts with skin, laid her lap.Chicken fillet cut into and repulse, salt and pepper.We spread it on the skin.
2. rubbed cheese on a coarse grater, sprinkle them fillets.Pre-washed and steamed dried apricots cut into strips and pour it on the cheese with pistachios peeled.Carefully turn off together with the skin roll and tied with thread to the form he held.Roll coated with mayonnaise.
3. Having greased with vegetable oil form, laid in her roll.Pour into the mold a little water, put it in a well-heated oven and bake for about 40 minutes.Dove cool, cut into pieces.
Dried apricots - helpful tips experienced cooks
Talking about the benefits of dried apricots can be only when you will be able to buy a quality product.Today is not uncommon industrial method of harvesting apricots, which uses toxic inorganic compound of sulfur dioxide and other preservatives are needed to preserve attractive fruit and juicy orange color.Unfortunately, apricots, presented in our market today, most of them made that way.Long-term use of this product leads to the accumulation in the body of sulfur dioxide, which over time can cause damage to the lungs, the bronchi, the emergence of allergies and asthma.However, in our stores you can find dried apricots and natural ( "organic").It is characterized by a dark color, a sweet taste and, of course - higher costs.
to restore the properties of organic dried fruit bought them soak for half an hour in hot water and then dry with a paper towel.It is possible for this purpose to leave them overnight in apple juice.
Today many people are trying to produce a dried apricots at home.Of course, it is better to have for this purpose a special industrial dryer, providing maximum preservation of vitamins, enzymes, micro and macro elements, as well as taste of apricots.But you can quite successfully dried apricots and without it - or in the open air in a special place or in the oven at a temperature of about 65 degrees for 6-8 hours.