Growing beautiful lilies in the garden.What types and varieties easier to grow lilies , observing all the conditions : care, watering , fertilizing
A House And A Garden / / April 15, 2016
beauty and the diversity of species and varieties of lilies, along with roses, ranks first among the garden flowers.
Every year there are new varieties of lilies, and this diversity is difficult to understand.Before cultivation, we should understand the similarities and differences between species.
purchasing bulbs of lilies, need to focus not only on beauty, but endurance .
Growing lilies.Selection of planting material, varieties
Lilies related to the lily family, are grown from bulbs are perennials and, wintering in the open field.Once landed the bulb, you can admire the beautiful flower a few years, the main thing - to create the necessary conditions and take care of properly.The cultivation of different varieties of lilies have a lot in common, but still care for different groups of plants is slightly different.To at least a little bit to understand this question, we turn to the classification of lilies.
In nature, these flowers grow in warm areas with a suitable climate.Adopted on divisionlilies growing wild (species) and hybrid (high-quality).Breeders are working on breeding of new varieties, which differ not only the beauty and elegance of the flowers, but also winter hardiness and resistance to diseases and pests.Now in the world there are at least 3 thousand. Varieties.On the International Classification has been established in order to systematize the vast diversity of lilies.
According to this classification, all classes are grouped into eight sections.These hybrids have carried on their origin, taking into account, from which the new hybrid varieties was launched.
So, the main groups of hybrids:
• Longiflorum (Longiflorum);
• Tubular and Orleans;
• New hybrids (OT, LO, OA, LA).
Lilies also classified by shape and position flowers.In relation to the stem flowers can look up, down, sideways.Their shape is tubular, funnel-in the form of bowls, bell-shaped, star-shaped, wrapped with petals, etc. inflorescence contains 8-16 flowers, some varieties -. 30 pieces.Flowering lasts long, as the flowers are revealed gradually, starting from the bottom to the top of the inflorescence.Painting colors can be very diverse, except blue.
The most common hybrids
• Asian .This unpretentious lily having frost, they overwinter without shelter.They can grow as the sun, and in the light penumbra.Poorly developed on calcareous soils, preferring neutral soils and with weak acidity.Multiply child bulbs grow without change for several years.Some varieties on the stems to form small air bulbs (bulbs).When lilies wither, the bulb fall to the ground and sprout.This is the most simple method of reproduction.Asian lily bloom in late June.Painting colors varied, from white to maroon. The flowers consist of six petals and completely odorless .Flower Form Chalmovidnaya or cupped.Although the most popular plants in this group with flowers looking up, but creates a special mood with lily directed towards the flowers.
• LA hybrids .Result of crossing Longiflorum and Asiatic lilies.The most common group of lilies, which have received the best qualities of "parents".From Asians they got hardiness from Longiflorum - large flowers with petals waxy texture.The flowers are bright colors are directed upwards, many varieties have a delicate aroma. hibernate in open ground, if the snow is small, requires a slight shelter peat or humus .LA hybrids are easy to breed, forming a large number of children.they do not form Bulbochek.Bloom profusely about the same time with Asians.Almost not affected by fungal diseases, so that leaves remain green until the autumn.
• Eastern (Oriental) .Group of beautiful exotic plants, derived as a result of breeding species lilies that grow on the southern coast of Japan.The flowers are star-shaped reach a diameter of 25 cm, very fragrant.Painting can be white, pink, some varieties have golden stripe running down the middle lobe.The growing season long, so a winter shelter. Orientali in the garden to grow a bit hard.Many growers successfully breed them in greenhouses for cutting .In winter, the bulbs should not vymoknut, so they need to cover the fall of excess moisture.Orientali prefer a sunny, windless areas and quite fertile, drained soil acidity low.They bloom in July and August.
• OT hybrids .The result of a successful crossing of Oriental and tubular hybrids.Tall plants with large flowers, lemon, cream, yellow colors combined with the red and crimson.The flowers have a pleasant aroma, more subtle compared to the eastern hybrids.Winter hardiness in OT hybrids is higher than that of Eastern, but still the best for wintering need to create the necessary conditions.Bulbs do not tolerate wet in the winter time, so since the end of September until the frost is needed to protect the shelter from the rain in the form of a polyethylene film.In dry weather, the film in the fall periodically removed for ventilation, clean it at the end of April.
• LO hybrids .The new varieties produced by crossing the Eastern and Longiflorum hybrids.Shape of flowers sent to the side of good, well-leafy stems, korotkotrubchataya or funnel.The flowers reach 25 cm in diameter, colors - white, pink and white, pleasant aroma and delicate.They do not require special growing conditions, growing in different soils.For wintering need shelter from twigs.
Usually, buying new plants for the area, guided by the principle - they need to please and serve as decoration flower garden.We should not forget about the main thing - the opportunity to create the necessary conditions for growth.What are the best varieties to grow lilies in the area depends on the taste, but if you do not have experience in the cultivation of roses, nachto with unpretentious Asian hybrids .
One of the best Asian varieties, beautiful and easy to grow, are considered to Aaron, Everita, Morning of freedom, Compass.Kriminaltango, Judite, Queen.
It is important to purchase high-quality material.You should know what it looks like lily bulb.It is not solid, but consists of a juicy, overlapping scales.From each new little chive flakes, which can be used for breeding may occur over time.Lily bulbs do not have a covering of scales, so they must be protected from damage and drying.
When purchasing be sure to check the quality of the seed.The bulbs must be healthy, dense and have no spots.If they are purchased in the spring should be living sprouts, roots are not rotten and dry.Size is also important.No wonder the little instances diameter less than 8-10 cm are sold cheaper - they may not bloom the first year.
Store bought bulbs before planting in the ground should be in a cool place, preferably in moist sawdust or perlite.If this is not possible, you can put in a plastic bag with peat.The package is to make holes for ventilation, and put in the refrigerator.Optimum temperature - from 0 to 5 ° C.If the bulbs sprout earlier landing time in the open ground, put them in pots to the ground and put in a bright, warm place.
Growing lilies.Planting (deadlines, feeding, shelter, temperature, soil and so on. D.)
be planted lily bulbs can be both autumn and spring .Spring planting is preferable from the following considerations:
• bulbs not vymerznut not vymoknut:
• roots develop better survival and higher plants;
• buying seed in spring, you can see which bulbs are alive, with sprouts.
In March, late-planted species.Most varieties vysazhayut in late April, protected from possible frost dry grass or straw.Some varieties are recommended to be planted in the autumn.Good seat in the fall, and its own lily.The best time for this - September.Until the root system of frost will have time to develop a good survival rate and better.
Before planting, carefully inspect bulbs, remove the scales with brown spots, cut with a knife rotten place, shorten long roots.Then disinfect the bulbs, keeping half an hour in a weak solution of manganese-sour potassium or fundazol.
Select for its lily place on the site where they will be comfortable - sunny, no wetland, closed by wind.These flowers are demanding to soils, preferring loose and fertile.By the acid-alkaline balance in the ratio of different hybrids: a tubular liking alkaline soil, American and Oriental - sour.Most varieties grow well in neutral.
plot prepared in advance - two weeks before the start of work the ground dug by adding ash, humus, a handful of mineral fertilizers.The ash should not be brought if the class requires acidic soil.After that line the plot slightly tamped and watered.
landing lilies principle is the same for spring and autumn landing.As well, a certain depth is placed a layer of coarse sand, put the onion, spread their roots, the top is completely covered with sand.As well poured earth, then watered for better rooting.Top sheet mulching with humus, peat or sawdust.
landing depth depends on the type and size of the bulbs:
- tall varieties: small bulbs are placed at a depth of 10-12 cm and larger - 15-20 cm;
- sredneroslye grades: small 10 cm, large - 12-15 cm;
- low-growing varieties: small - 7-8 cm, large - 10-12 cm
Lilies grow without change in one place for 3-4 years..If you notice that a bush lilies grew too, you have to sit down.This work can be carried out not only in September but before.Once a plant bud, you need to give a month and a half to restore and begin seating.To prevent damage to the roots, use a fork.
dug plant roots washed under running water.From the bulbs carefully with a sharp knife separate the children, then 20-30 minutes disinfected in a weak solution of potassium permanganate.Expanding briefly to dry in a shaded place, then to the bulb roots pruned to 10 cm. Then put in the usual way.
Growing lilies.Care, feeding
Principle care lilies simple - watering and feeding.These plants like to be the "head" in the sun, and "feet" in the shadows.To create a shadow for the lower part of the plant can be planted among shrubs or flowers lilies undersized zamulchirovat soil to prevent it from drying out.Lighting must be lilies in the morning and before dinner.Moisture is constantly needed, especially before flowering, but too much water, they do not like.Watering at the roots, after drying, if not the mulch, the soil loosened slightly, being careful not to damage the roots.
fertilizing first time make early spring, when the shoots will appear only the second time in the period of budding.Complex fertilizers are applied at the rate of 30 g / m².After flowering to restore and strengthen the bulbs need kaliyno¬-phosphorus fertilizer.Dry flowers are removed, so as not to spoil the view and do not interfere open a new one.Stems and it is not necessary to cut the leaves, bulbs have to do the nutrients.Watering must be constantly, but not as abundant as before flowering.In the autumn of the stem can be trimmed diagonally, leaving 10-15 cm above the soil surface.
Main pests and how to deal with them
Too wet soil leads to diseases such as futarioz onion or rot and bacterial rot .The stems turn yellow and wither, the bulbs in the ground to rot.The plant is necessary to dig up the roots and destroy.In cold and wet autumn can develop brown spot , which affects the stems.They are killed, thus the bulbs are intact.Measures to combat spotting - spraying of anti-fungal agents, for example, fitosporin or liquid Bordeaux.
most dangerous pest - lily beetle whose larvae devour the leaves and buds.Red beetles are very visible on the plants, and if they are small, can be easily assembled by hand.Otherwise required malathion treatment Aktar, Aktelikom, fitoverm.These drugs are used against aphids and flies lily.Unfortunately, after chemical processing plants are covered with brown spots and lose their attractiveness.
lily bulbs can be damaged by wireworms, the larvae of the May beetle, mole cricket.In the fight against these pests, you can use drugs such as Mukhoed, Thunder, Grizzlies.
lilies By providing the necessary conditions for growth and flowering, you get healthy plants that will delight every summer violent flowering.
25, 03, 2016
25, 03, 2016
25, 03, 2016