Bay leaf : the benefits and harms of the noble plant.The composition and the use of bay leaves : what more harm or good?
Diet / / December 13, 2017
The oldest spice comes from the countries of Asia Minor and the Mediterranean, the laurel leaf of the noble is widely used both in cooking and as a remedy.
Essential oil from a plant is used in the production of alcoholic beverages. Useful properties of bay leaves have found their application in the chemical industry. They are used as raw materials for the production of camphor and cineol.
The Bay Leaf is useful only if it is free of stains and has a pleasant strong aroma. All properties of bay leaves are preserved both in fresh plants and in dried plants.
Composition of bay leaves and methods of application
The fragrant leaves of the noble laurel include proteins, fats, carbohydrates, essential oils, dietary fibers.
The Bay leaf is healthy because of its rich vitamin composition. It has vitamins B, C, A, PP.In addition, the leaves of the plant contain the most useful macro and microelements necessary for normal human activity. These include sodium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, copper, iron,selenium, manganese, phosphorus.
The leaves of the laurel of the noble - an evergreen subtropical shrub are extremely useful for the body. They have strong anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, astringent, diuretic action.
The Bay leaf improves digestion, enhances appetite. Healing leaves are rich in phytoncides. They are capable of removing slags from the body, as well as strengthening defenses.
Bay leaf is useful for various diseases:
1. Stomatitis. In inflammation of the mucous membrane of the mouth, in some cases, simple chewing of the curative leaf helps.
2. Otitis. To treat ear inflammation use a decoction of the plant for instillation( up to 3-4 drops in each ear).Decoction is consumed and inside a couple of tablespoons three times a day.
The preparation is made in this way: pour 1-2 leaves of laurel with boiling water and 2 minutes cook on low heat, then cool.
3. The Bay leaf is useful for the body because of its ability to disinfect the lungs. With the help of the plant, inhalations are carried out.
4. When sweating feet, brew( in a bowl) 20-40 laurel leaves and make foot baths before going to bed.
5. Useful properties of laurel leaves allow to use it in the treatment of alcohol dependence. To prepare a healing drug, take 2 leaves of the plant and chopped root lovage.
The mixture is poured into a glass of vodka and insisted for 2 weeks, after which it is given to the patient in the hope that the drug will cause a strong aversion to alcohol.
6. Bay leaf, or rather, the oil from it helps reduce pain in joint diseases. So, with arthritis, rheumatism, neuralgia rub the healing agent directly into the sore spots.
You can use the pharmacy version of the oil, adding a couple of drops of essential oil of cloves to it for greater efficiency.
7. Bay leaf has a useful property to reduce appetite, because it is often used when losing weight. The recipe for cooking means for those who want to keep the weight in the norm: pour 3 leaves of the plant with water, boil and boil a little. Put the composition in a thermos and allow it to properly stick.
Drink recommended only 3 days on a spoon before eating.
8. Bay leaf is useful for the body of people suffering from diabetes. The product has a unique property of normalizing carbohydrate metabolism, reducing blood sugar, and eliminating possible complications.
For the preparation of a healing agent used in diabetes, it is necessary to pour the leaves of the noble laurel( 10-15 pieces) with water( 300 ml) and boil the mixture for several minutes.
After that it is necessary to give the composition to infuse( hours 3, not less) and use it three times a day before eating.
9. The bay leaf is also used for hypertension. To ease the condition of the patient will help to take a remedy prepared according to such a recipe: just chop 2 large leaves, pour them with water( cold) and boil on very slow fire( 5-10 minutes).After this, the composition should be allowed to infuse until it acquires a faint pinkish hue.
To reduce pressure, you can drink 100 ml of healing solution up to 4 times a day.
10. The fragrant leaves of the laurel are used as spices. The main advantage of this product in its ability to preserve useful properties in any form: dry or fresh.
The bay leaf is stored for a long time, it is added to stews, soups, cucumbers, mushrooms, vegetables, meat, etc.
The main condition that will preserve the useful properties of bay leaf is to throw it for 5 minutes( not earlier) until the first dishes are ready andminutes for 10 to readiness of the second.
11. With the help of bay leaves you can clean the premises from microbes. To do this, prepare a classic decoction of plants and put the dishes with him in the room. The pungent fragrance of the laurel fills the air with useful substances, thus purifying bacteria.
Bay leaf: what's the use for the body?
The use of laurel is in its rich composition of healing substances, which strengthen the immune system of the human body.
1. The plant relieves bad breath, treats gingivitis, stomatitis. It is enough to chew the healing leaf and not eat or drink for an hour.
2. Essential oils contained in the plant help cure a persistent dry cough. To get rid of the disease, you can rub your chest with bay oil, which is prepared as follows: pour a glass of any oil in your kitchen( olive or flax) a few crushed leaves of the plant.
Insist the compound away from the light for about a week. Then strain it and use as directed.
3. The bay leaf is useful due to its constituent selenium and vitamin C. With the help of these substances, the intestine is able to be purified naturally from toxins and toxins.
4. Vitamins A and C are a protection against free radicals. A unique plant strengthens the heart muscle, cleanses the walls of the vessels from harmful accumulations, gives the skin of the face a fresh look.
5. The Bay leaf is useful for health due to its ability to give a quiet sleep, the absence of which so often suffers modern man.
6. Laurel leaves also remove stones from the kidneys.
7. The plant provides invaluable benefits to women suffering from profuse menstrual periods. It is indispensable in the period of menopause.
8. The Noble Laurel is a unique plant with anti-inflammatory properties. It is he who gives the skin youth and elasticity.
Prepare a laurel as follows: grind the leaves, fill them with a glass half and pour vodka.
The agent is insisted for up to 5 days and after filtering is used as a lotion.
9. The use of bay leaves is invaluable for children. Staphylococcus in the child can be treated like this: use as a supplementary remedy a mixture of 10 leaves of the plant, which are filled with boiling water( 1 liter).The composition is insisted all day, and in the evening they add it to the bath with water and bathe the baby in it.
In addition, laurel is used for children's rashes. They are smeared with laurel oil. And for a sound sleep near the pillow of the baby you can put a leaf of the Mediterranean miracle.
10. Bay leaf is useful for the health of children suffering from allergies. For the treatment of rashes it is necessary to take 3 small leaves and, filling them with water, boil.
After insisting, it is possible to give the child a little bit of everything( on a spoonful).After the first day of admission, the result will already be visible.
11. The Bay leaf stimulates metabolic processes in the human body. Thanks to the laurel, the work of the digestive organs improves, and appetite is enhanced.
12. The use of laurel leaves is in their high content of essential oils that suppress such an insidious disease as tuberculosis.
13. Infusion of plant leaves is capable of removing salts and excess fluid. It is enough to spend a three-day course of treatment, during which the infusion is taken for a couple of large spoons before eating.
14. The Bay leaf, as mentioned above, strengthens the immune system and, accordingly, increases the chances of not "catching" a viral disease.
15. The plant, which includes essential oils and tannins, relieves dandruff, enhances hair growth. After each washing of the head, it is recommended to rinse the hair with infusion of leaves of the noble laurel.
Bay leaf: what is the harm to health?
The main harm of bay leaves is its ability to cause an allergic reaction. Therefore, people who are addicted to allergies should use the unique plant with caution and as a seasoning, and as a medicine.
It is proved that bay leaves can not be used by those who have renal insufficiency( in acute form), as well as pathologies of the liver and heart.
The laurel is harmful in violation of protein metabolism. In this case, the use of leaflets of the plant is strictly prohibited.
Bay leaf for pregnant and lactating mothers: useful or harmful?
In pregnancy, the use of bay leaves will likely cause harm than good. The reason is the ability of the plant to contract the uterus. This can lead to abnormal pregnancy and even miscarriage.
Official medicine declares that it is strictly forbidden to use bay leaves to future mothers.
However, this does not at all apply to the use of laurel as a seasoning for dishes. Added a couple of leaves in soup or potatoes will not do harm, but, on the contrary, will make your food more delicious and fragrant.
Pregnant is also allowed to apply laurel externally as a cosmetic remedy for skin rashes. You can wash the decoction of medicinal leaves. This helps to dry the skin and eliminates irritation.
Future mothers are allowed to use bay leaves as a remedy for suppuration, and also in the form of trays with excessive sweating of the feet.
But nursing mothers should not use laurel leaves inside. The fact is that the bitterness contained in the plant spoils the taste of milk, from which the baby can completely give up.
Undoubtedly, the Mediterranean plant is useful both as a remedy and as a seasoning.
However, if you decide to cure this or that disease with its help, it is best to consult a specialist beforehand.
After all, laurel - a mixture of bitterness, essential oils, vitamins and trace elements is really unique, and with reasonable use it can help you find health.