Milk : how it is used for the benefit of the body and without harm to health .Benefits , harms , and the appointment of a common weed
Diet / / December 13, 2017
The ability of the milk thistle to have a curative effect on humans has been known since time immemorial.
Ancient Greeks and Egyptians more than 2 thousand years ago knew and used its useful properties.
Today, knowing the use of milk thistle, specially it is cultivated in many household and country plots, on an industrial scale - in nurseries.
Milk Thistle: description, designation
"Motley Thistle", "Mariin Tatarnik", "Frog", "Holy Thistle" - is folk names obtained by the thistle .
Refers to the family "Complicated".This beautiful plant can reach a height of 150 cm. The color of the leaves is from green to dark green, covered with small spots of silvery hue. On their edges are long spikes. Each of the inflorescences is collected in lilac baskets. Fruit - seed, more often gray( less often black, brown) color, odorless with a bitter taste.
Distribution area is quite extensive. It is easy to find in South and Central Europe, in Central Asia. In Russia it grows only in the southern regions of Western Siberia, in the south of the European part of the state. It occurs growing near roads, on wastelands and abandoned lands.
For many people, the plant is a weed. But the useful properties of milk thistle are so amazing that it is used in traditional and folk medicine as an effective, affordable medicine.
Milk thistle: what is the use for the body
The therapeutic effect on the organism of the plant is due to the presence in its seeds of a large number of components. A strong health effect is provided by fatty and essential oils. Their content reaches 35%.Chemicals from groups of flavonoids and lignins, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins of groups A, E, K, D, F, B and micro and macro elements, resins are of great value. So, only a gram of the plant contains( in mg) potassium 9.1;iron 0.09;calcium 16.7;magnesium 4,1;manganese 0.1;zinc 1.16;iodine 0.09;selenium 0.09;chromium 0.16;boron 22.5.For her, her seeds are taken.
The main area of use is the treatment of a number of diseases of the liver, stomach, intestines. Not a bad result is obtained in the treatment of gynecological, cardiovascular pathologies, skin and ENT diseases.
All components in the composition have a curative effect:
• Silymarin is an extremely rare substance. Helps treat severe liver and gallbladder diseases. Thanks to him, the process of strengthening the shell in cells occurs, protein synthesis is stimulated, the action of many poisons and toxins is neutralized.
• Fatty oils - reduce inflammation, promote the recovery of many tissues and cells, stabilize the metabolism, accelerate the healing of wounds, have a protective effect on the effect of carcinogenic compounds.
• Essential oils - contribute to the normalization of the central nervous system, increase the secretion of many glands, improve the activity of the gastrointestinal system.
• Resins - nullify the action of pathogens, disinfect scratches, abrasions, increase the protective reaction of the body.
• Lignans - prevent the appearance and further development of many types of cancer, remove toxins, reduce cholesterol, normalize the amount of hormones, regulate the activity of the central nervous system, accelerate oxygen exchange.
• Flavonoids - their action is to strengthen the walls of capillaries, neutralize all free radicals, normalize blood pressure, remove inflammation, stimulate the adrenal glands, normalize heart rhythms.
• Acids of organic origin - increase appetite, activate metabolic processes, promote immunity and eliminate accumulated toxins, regulate digestion.
• Proteins - their action is to provide the body with the necessary quantity of enzymes and hormones, strengthen immune defense, normalize the hormonal background, facilitate the transportation of hemoglobin.
• Vitamins from group B - promote the removal of fatigue( mental, physical), stimulate the formation of sex hormones, provide the necessary supply of energy for the nervous system and muscles, affect the condition of nails, skin, hair.
• Vitamin E is an antioxidant. It is necessary in the disorder of the sexual glands, normalizes the activity of the reproductive organs. Its action is also to strengthen the walls of the capillaries, to prevent the formation of thrombi, to accelerate the healing of wounds, regulate the biosynthesis of many types of protein and RNA.
Summarizing the effects on the body of each component, we can say with confidence that the useful properties of milk thistle have a beneficial effect on the entire body.
Medical preparations based on it have actions:
The extensive influence on the organism of this "miraculous" plant only emphasizes its useful properties.
Thistle: what is the health benefits of
Milk thistle is a natural doctor. One legend tells how a seriously ill person with pleas for recovery came to the Virgin Mary. She pointed to a spiky plant that grew along the road. The use of his seeds brought quick recovery to this man.
Those who underestimate and are skeptical of the health benefits of the plant are wrong.
It has found application in many medical fields:
• Toxicology .Used for various types of poisoning( alcohol, narcotic, drugs, food, mushrooms), which are accompanied by intoxication. It is recommended to be used in case of toxicosis in pregnant women, as well as those who permanently live in ecologically unfavorable territories.
• Hepatology .Is an indispensable assistant in the battle with liver diseases: cirrhosis, dystrophy, hepatitis C.
• Cardiology .Used as a means of prevention in strengthening the cardiovascular system.
• Endocrinology .The plant is used to get rid of obesity, in the treatment of diabetes of the sugar type.
• Oncology .Preparations based on it are recommended after radiotherapy and chemotherapy sessions. Such use is possible due to the ability of the plant to purify the presence of heavy metals, toxins, radionuclides and radiation.
• Dermatology .Thanks to the vitamin C in milk thistle, which has a general strengthening and anti-inflammatory effect, it is used in the treatment of skin diseases.
• Cosmetology .Oil on its basis is the ingredient that rejuvenates, cleanses, tones up the skin.
Health benefits include tea, decoctions, infusions, powders, syrups, milk thistle tablets. It is often a component of other medications. When using milk thistle, it is necessary to follow all the doctor's recommendations accurately or to adhere strictly to the annotation provided by the manufacturer of the drug.
Milk thistle: good, harm, how to apply
Schroth - finely ground seeds. In this powder there is a large volume of fiber, vitamins, active substances, micro - and macro elements, ensuring the correct functioning of the organism as a whole and of each system separately.
The component composition of the powder immediately becomes clear how useful it is and what qualities it is capable of possessing:
• is the source of the required amount of fiber that cleanses the intestines;
• has a beneficial effect on the liver, protecting it from possible pathological changes;
• actively stimulates the metabolism of fats;
• affects the muscles of the heart, the functioning of the nervous system;
• affects the quality and visual acuity;
• effectively protects from the impact of an unfavorable ecological situation;
• normalizes blood pressure;
• softens the severe nature of many pathologies of the kidneys, liver, stomach, intestines;
• leads to normal metabolic processes;
• Optimizes the glucose value.
There are single limitations and contraindications:
1. Medical control is required for patients who have stones in the bile ducts and bladder.
2. It is completely contraindicated to children under 3 years old.
3. If there is an individual intolerance.
How to use milk thistle
To achieve a therapeutic effect, the powder intake scheme is used: a teaspoon is taken 30 minutes before meals 3 times a day. Schroth is better to drink boiled water at room temperature.
The duration of the should not be less than 40 days, then a break for 2 weeks is taken. The course of treatment can then be repeated again. The number of repetitions is determined only by the doctor after assessing the patient's condition, the characteristics of his body, the type and course of the disease. It is important to remember that for a year the number of repeated courses should not exceed four.
Admission of the meal for prevention is not contraindicated: in the morning before meals, a teaspoon of meal is consumed. Duration of reception should not exceed a month. But in this case everything is individual. Before taking the meal, it is recommended to consult a doctor after specifying the dose and the duration of the intake. The doctor will make an appointment based on the predisposition to a certain type of disease and body weight. As a preventive measure, it is not forbidden to take powder for children over three years old. Usually the intake dose for them is half an adult. But the optimal dosage and course can be calculated only by a doctor.
According to doctors, the meal can not harm a person, it only benefits the body. It can be used without fear for the nursing and feeding of the baby with the breast. The main thing is to follow the prescribed course of taking and dosage of the drug.