In some cases, badly needed a bandage during pregnancy .Rules for the choice and wearing a bandage during pregnancy : what and why?
Motherhood / / December 13, 2017
A growing abdomen during pregnancy causes the touched looks of others and the pride of the future mummy. However, an increase in the size of the stomach causes not only positive emotions, but also negative feelings that affect the woman's health. In this case, various bandages come to the rescue.
The use of a bandage during pregnancy has the most controversial reviews of women and the radically different opinions of physicians.
Frightening myths alert pregnant women and cause fear of using a bandage during pregnancy. But there are situations when a woman needs a supporting element. And the right choice and compliance with the recommendations for wearing a bandage during pregnancy facilitate the condition and rule out possible consequences.
What is a bandage during pregnancy?
A bandage is a specific supporting element. The bandage refers to orthopedic adaptations. Allows to support a growing abdomen during pregnancy, without affecting the fetus, promotes the correct location of the baby in thestomach.
Bandage - an indispensable assistant to the future mummy.
With the correct product selection, the supporting element:
• significantly reduces fatigue;
• removes heaviness in the legs;
• prevents the emergence of pain in the abdomen;
• facilitates the movement of a woman;
• removes the load from the spine.
There are several types of bandages that differ in their type and purpose.
1. The antenatal bandage is an indispensable device that greatly facilitates the state of the future mummy.
2. The postpartum bandage significantly reduces the recovery period. By pulling the abdominal wall, the bandage improves muscle tone, affects the skin of the abdomen, normalizes intra-abdominal pressure.
3. The universal bandage is used by women, both during pregnancy and in the postpartum period. Special product cut allows you to apply it at different times. During pregnancy, to support the back, such a bandage is worn, placing its wide part on the back. After childbirth to tighten the abdomen, the bandage changes its location and is worn by the wide part on the peritoneum.
Universal bandage is used during pregnancy and after childbirth.
There are also specific postoperative bandages that are recommended for women after Caesarean section.
Prenatal modern bandages have a rather attractive appearance, they are made of safe hypoallergenic materials, pass air well, are comfortable to wear. With proper application, the future mother does not feel the presence of an orthopedic device on herself.
Bandages for pregnant women are issued in the form:
1. Panties that have an elastic insert to support the abdomen.
2. Belt, which is manufactured as an elastic band with side flaps, adjusts the tightness of the fitting.
3. Corsets with lacing, which are now considered a relic of the past and are rare.
It should be noted that the corset for pregnant women refers to the elements of underwear. Therefore, it requires competent care and regular washing.
Who needs to wear a corset during pregnancy?
The need for wearing a corset occurs with a significantly enlarged abdomen. Basically this process falls on the fourth month. However, the change in the size of the abdomen in each woman is very individual. Therefore, you need to consider your own feelings and well-being.
Even if you are fully confident in the need to use a bandage, do not rely on your own intuition. The bandage is a medical orthopedic device. And only the doctor can decide on the expediency of its use. Because there are contraindications that categorically do not allow the wearing of a bandage during pregnancy.
Not every pregnant doctor will recommend wearing a bandage. If the muscles are well developed, and after long loads in the form of being on the legs, walking, exercise, there are no unpleasant sensations in the back, abdomen, wearing a bandage simply does not make sense.
And here to women who have pelvic or transverse presentation of the child, wearing a bandage is simply contraindicated. The supporting device will not allow the baby to turn around in the abdomen and take the correct position.
Therefore, for pregnant women after 24 weeks, if the fruit is not located head down, wearing a bandage is strictly prohibited.
In the case when the fruit has turned over and has taken the correct position, the use of the bandage will allow it to be fixed in this position and prevent unwanted amateur performance.
Situations when a bandage during pregnancy is simply necessary, a lot.
A bandage will help to improve the condition:
• when there is a threat of abortion at a later date;
• if a woman has to lead a rather active lifestyle and is on her feet for a long time;
• with osteochondrosis pain;
• for any pathology of the spine;
• if a woman's pelvic floor and abdomen muscles are too weak;
• for varicose pathologies;
• when there is excessive heaviness in the legs;
• for pathologies of the cervix and polyhydramnios;
• after surgical interventions on the peritoneum;
• when the fruit is too low;
• with multiple pregnancies;
• if the fruit is very large.
It should be taken into account that nature has all the possibilities to bear fruit without using additional support devices. Without extreme necessity, it is not advisable to resort to such a method. The abdominal muscles are able to cope with the stresses independently, and constant support deprives them of their physiological abilities, which leads to excessive weakening.
Myths that the bandage prevents the appearance of stretch marks are refuted by doctors. The process of formation of striae is associated not only with the tension of the skin, but more with hormonal changes.
The decision to use the bandage will have to be taken by the pregnant woman yourself, but the recommendations of the gynecologist should be heeded.
How to choose a bandage during pregnancy?
When choosing a bandage, consider that this is a personal intimate garment. Therefore, in this situation, it is not necessary to resort to the help of friends and acquaintances offering to use the thing that has become unnecessary to them.
To buy a bandage it is necessary only in specialized shops, drugstores or in the department of gynecology. The device must meet the requirements of medical safety. Bandages offered in wide sale or in online stores can be made of low-quality materials and do not correspond to elasticity and cover medical standards. In addition, bandages belong to personal hygiene items and can not be exchanged. And, having acquired a substandard or inappropriate product, there will not be an opportunity to exchange it.
When choosing a bandage, you need to rely on your own feelings. Therefore, we will have to resort to fitting. It is desirable to try out several types and stay at the most comfortable.
Remember that the bandage will have to be used for a long time. In an ideal adaptation, a woman should not feel his presence. Consider when choosing the size of the bandage, that the belly will still increase. Therefore, elastic products with volume regulation should be preferred.
Not the last place is the material from which the band is made. The ideal option is cotton. But cotton products are not elastic. Therefore, manufacturers add cotton fibers or viscose to artificial fibers in the form of polyamide, microfiber, polyester, lycra. Such high-tech materials are safe for the future mummy, and due to their unique properties the product becomes durable, elastic, suitable for frequent washing. If in the composition of the bandage material there is a continuous synthetics, the skin will lose the possibility of free breathing, sweets, diaper rash and allergic rashes will begin to appear.
How to wear a bandage during pregnancy?
First of all, you need to learn how to properly wear a bandage during pregnancy. The attached instruction describes this process in detail. If there were any difficulties and could not figure out how to use the supporting device yourself, you can contact the gynecologist. The doctor will explain in detail about the rules of wearing and teach how to safely apply a bandage.
To correctly wear a bandage, follow the following recommendations:
1. Lie on a comfortable flat surface, placing a small pillow under the buttocks.
2. Lie down for a while, so that the muscles relax, the child takes a comfortable position. This will relax the bladder and escape the feeling of heaviness.
3. Carefully put on the bandage, firmly securing it to the body. Do not allow excessive pressure - it will hurt the baby. But the weak fastening of the bandage will not give the expected effect.
If the bandage is worn correctly, the woman does not feel any discomfort, regardless of the position in which she is.
When carrying a bandage, observe a number of rules:
1. Wear a support element no longer than three hours. Then you need to take a break for half an hour.
2. Remove the bandage at night and during daytime rest.
3. If the baby behaves in the abdomen too restlessly, the bandage should be removed. To reapply use no earlier than half an hour.
Do not ignore the rules for grooming, which consist in regular washing at a certain temperature.
If you decide to use a bandage during pregnancy, and the doctor does not have prohibitory arguments, do not listen to negative reviews.
This unique device is not able to harm neither the future mummy, nor the child, but will help get rid of many negative symptoms present during pregnancy.
12, 08, 2017
12, 08, 2017