Indications for cesarean section
Motherhood / / December 12, 2017
In preparation for the upcoming motherhood, every woman is worried about how the birth will take place.Someone is opposed to surgical intervention in the natural process and looks forward to the absence of indications to operation.Others, on the contrary, are afraid of the upcoming birth and painful contractions, and secretly persuaded themselves that the pregnancy by caesarean section (CS).Medicine looks at the problem differently - doctors are not interested in preference to a woman of a particular mode of delivery, and the only objective data: can the expectant mother to give birth to their own, or the operation will be the best method, the least traumatic for the woman and child.
Russian doctors refer to this problem clearly - the COP on the patient's request, doctors will refuse to do, regardless of whether she chooses free help, or resort to signing a contract for delivery.Indications for surgery depend on the characteristics of most new mothers, how pregnancy occurs and the status of the fetus.Indications are absolute or relative.
Absolute indications on the part of mothers
- features female anatomy in which the pelvis is much narrower standard size head kid.Many people mistakenly believe that the strong thinness or narrow hips woman automatically becomes a candidate for surgery, but it is not.Slim figure, asthenic constitution is not a hindrance to natural childbirth.To narrow pelvis became the basis for cesarean delivery, research is required (including ultrasound), confirming the narrowness of the pelvis of the second, third and fourth degree.
- mechanical obstacles.In addition to the narrowness of the pelvis, to prevent the natural passage through the birth canal may be swelling or deformation of the pelvic bones.
- threat of uterine rupture, scar thinning available.Doctors warn of the dangers of repeated pregnancy immediately after the operation of the COP is not accidental - the risk of thinning and breaking fresh scar is very large.Experts will closely monitor the state of the US on the scar and the threat of its insolvency appoint repeated cesarean delivery without waiting for the end of the period.
Absolute indications from fruit
- placenta previa.Placenta in utero position depends on many factors.An additional risk factor is low fixing damage due to abortion, scar tissue formed when the fastening is placenta least damaged areas, usually located in the lower uterine segment.
- pregnancy complications.One of the most frequent reasons that force to resort to surgery, is preeclampsia.In severe forms of preeclampsia there is a risk for the woman and fetus.In such a case the continuation of gestation increases the risks and the decision to hold COP.
- narrow pelvis of the first degree.The observations and measurements doctors find out how the baby's head corresponds to the size of the pelvis mothers.Narrow hips combined with malposition will also be a reason for the ban on natural childbirth.
- Age.Currently, the age of first birth is strongly moved, and 35-year-old woman is no longer a candidate for the COP.It can only be an additional factor affecting the decision of experts.
- Vision.By itself, nearsightedness or farsightedness not prevent natural childbirth.The ophthalmologist will examine the retina and in the event of rupture of the threat or recommend exfoliation to eliminate bearing-down period.The decision may be made not in favor of the COP, and episiotomy, helping to speed up and facilitate the process of childbirth.
In some cases, a woman from the very beginning of pregnancy is aware of the features of the upcoming birth.The other - the decision of experts will be taken only during the observation of the future mother.