Tachycardia - Causes, Symptoms , Diagnosis, Treatment
Health / / August 12, 2017
Tachycardia - a term that refers to heart palpitations any origin.Typically, the heart rate exceeding 100 beats per minute is considered tachycardia.Rhythm at the same time remains correct (constant length of intervals between heartbeats).Status when tachycardia attack begins suddenly and unexpectedly ends is called paroxysmal tachycardia.
tachycardia - Causes
reasons that provoke tachycardia, there is quite a lot.These include:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.Very often tachycardia is a result of diseases such as hypertension, heart disease, ischemia, heart attacks.
- Caffeine.Excessive consumption of caffeine-containing beverages with a high probability may cause tachycardia.This is due to the impact that coffee has on the cardiovascular and central nervous systems.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.Any violation of the endocrine system, especially the thyroid gland, often provoke a strong enough tachycardia.
- Infectious diseases.A variety of infectious diseases, in particular, causing
- Pregnancy.The processes in the body are often the expectant mother can also cause tachycardia.The danger of this state for the mother and unborn baby must assess the attending gynecologist.
Tachycardia may occur due to natural, normal reaction to emotional and physical stress, smoking, increased body temperature and drinking.
Tachycardia - Symptoms Symptoms
tachycardia - dizziness, palpitations, weakness, a feeling of loss of consciousness, a sense of lack of air.
Tachycardia - diagnostics
doctor diagnoses the tachycardia based on symptoms, medical examination of the patient, a number of tests and examinations.Common tests consist of the following studies:
- Electrocardiography (ECG).This is the main method of diagnosis of tachycardia.On the ECG define and identify the type of tachycardia, a cardiac disorders affect the acceleration of the heart rate.
- Holter monitor.This study - a continuous recording of electrocardiograms (24 hours or more), which helps the doctor to get a complete picture of symptomatic disease.
- Electrophysiological study.With its help determine the source, causing problems in the conducting system of the heart.
Cardiologist, depending on the symptoms, may appoint other additional investigations to diagnose the underlying disease, promoting tachycardia.
Tachycardia - treatment and prevention
tachycardia Treatment is aimed at prevention of tachycardia episodes in the future, reducing the heart rate and minimize complications.In some cases, treatment is not required - just relax, calm down, to change the way of life.If the patient requires medication, the drugs can only appoint a doctor, conducted a survey.It is worth remembering that by having no apparent cause tachycardia, should be cause for immediate treatment to the doctor.
Prevention tachycardia is reduced to a constant and careful monitoring of health status, and when heart disease required timely advice of the cardiologist.It will help prevent attacks of tachycardia observance of the regime of work, proper rest, quitting smoking, avoiding stress and anxiety.If possible, it is necessary to give up alcohol, fatty and spicy foods.
12, 08, 2017
12, 08, 2017