Thrombophlebitis - Causes, Symptoms , Diagnosis, Treatment
Health / / August 12, 2017
called thrombophlebitis disease that occurs as a result of the inflammatory process in veins, which appears in the lumen trombovoe education, constricts blood channel and impairing blood flow. thrombophlebitis is a serious problem for people who are forced by the nature of activity carried out "on legs" the bulk of the working time.The developed varicose veins may one day serve as the main reason for the further deterioration of the venous system, often resulting in the appearance of thrombophlebitis.
thrombophlebitis is superficial (damaging the upper layers of the veins) and deep (affecting veins inside the soft tissues).
Thrombophlebitis - Causes
As with most diseases of the musculoskeletal system at risk defeat thrombophlebitis are primarily people that put your body part of the physical stress.Permanent lifting weights accompanied by a high degree of stress on the legs and hips.It is in these departments usually veins and deformation begins.But we should not think that thrombophlebitis affects active people only.There are a number of reasons that trigger disease onset.
• Slow blood flow,
• Changes in the composition of blood,
• Violation of normal blood clotting,
• disease or injury of vessels,
• Disorders neurotrophic or endocrine nature,
• Infectious diseases,
• Allergic processes
• Intravenous injection of medications, is accompanied by damage to the blood channel wall.
• Surgery, particularly in the hips and lower abdomen.
disease is most commonly exposed to people with disturbances in the cardiovascular system, or with different manifestations of infectious and purulent inflammation.
thrombophlebitis - symptoms
manifestation of the disease depends on the size of the thrombus and extent of the inflamed vein wall.
• Symptoms of thrombophlebitis shin.The first attack usually occurs suddenly and is accompanied by a feeling of fullness in the muscles of the calves and feet pain.When lowering down the shin discomfort dramatically amplified.The disease may be accompanied by fever.In the inflamed area is clearly visible swelling and the skin becomes a light bluish tint.Touching, especially squeezing, painful for the patient.
• Symptoms of thrombosis of the femoral vein.Pain is less pronounced due to the larger lumen and a better blood flow than in the ankle of the foot.Obvious signs of femoral thrombophlebitis is a pain in the limbs and a bulging veins in the thigh, in the groin and pubic parts.The body temperature can rise to the status of chills.Possible slight swelling of the surrounding muscles.
• Symptoms of thrombophlebitis iliac-femoral vein trunk.The most serious form of the disease, which is tolerated quite hard.If the clot is not completely blocked the lumen, the patients can not feel too sharp pain.But there is a certain discomfort in the lower back and sacrum and lower abdomen veins in the affected area.Sharp pain and deterioration of health begins with the full overlap vein lumen.There is a rise in temperature to 39 degrees, there is a malaise with signs of intoxication.Place the appearance of a thrombus can be completely white or bluish color around the swelling occurs.
thrombophlebitis - diagnostics
thrombophlebitis is diagnosed by palpation and determining the area, which is the cause of pain.To create a clearer clinical spend reovasography or Doppler ultrasound.The most informative is the study of ultrasound with color coded blood flow.This diagnosis not only determines the size of a blood clot, but also evaluates the quality of the affected vein and the degree of narrowing of its lumen.
thrombophlebitis - treatment
treatment and rehabilitation of patients with thrombophlebitis takes place in a hospital environment and under strict supervision of specialists.First, to establish a definitive diagnosis, the patient fix the affected limb, raising it above the surface at 15-20 degrees.Then, a medication, the essence of which is in charge of preparations that can break the clots and prevent their further education.After localization of the inflammation patients shown spa treatment with the adoption of baths containing hydrogen sulphide.In the most severe cases, surgical treatment is applied to the vein ligation.
Even after undergoing hospital treatment, patients need to wear elastic bandages, fixing the problem areas veins.