Malina : cultivation and maintenance, choosing the right varieties .Which method you choose raspberries growing gardeners
A House And A Garden / / March 27, 2016
If you pick the "right" sort of raspberry bush take root even in the northern regions of the country.The plant is usually propagated by cuttings or layering.But planting his seed among amateur gardeners are not too common - the method is rather complicated.
Growing raspberries on fertile soils and providing her with proper care, you can collect Bush 1 to 4 kg of delicious berries.
Fruiting plants usually in the second year after planting.In the south of the country can be gathered the first harvest in the current season.
What raspberry cultivar to plant?
Raspberry Pink belongs to the family.This shrub with spiky stems straight.Fruit, depending on the grade, have a color ranging from yellow to almost black.
breeders brought many varieties of raspberries.All of them are divided into 3 groups:
• Traditional raspberry. Grades - Creed Award, Malakhovka, Sunny, Relight, Balm, Gusar, Shiny, fugitive, Meteor, Mishutka.Bush has good endurance and regular yield.The plant develops a lot of root shoots.Berries - medium size
• remontant raspberries .Varieties - Apricot, Atlanta, Eurasia, Crane, Golden Autumn, mulatto, Indian Summer, Diamond, Golden Giant, Hercules, Bryansk miracle.This high-yielding varieties, resistant to frost and give abundant harvests.A common practice when remontant raspberry bush immediately after fruiting is cut off at the root - the yield for the next season will be significantly higher.Many varieties are resistant to diseases and pests.
• macrocarpa. Grades - abundant, Red Sails, Mirage, Patricia, Arbat, Maroseyka, Vega, Bryansk, Cascade, Lazorevskaya, Lasko.Varieties differ in the large size of the fruit.But many of them do not tolerate cold weather - even in the middle lane in the winter will have to cover the bushes.Berries - juicy, very tasty, well tolerated in transportation.
Choosing raspberry variety for landing on your site, consider the climatic characteristics of the region, the timing of fruit ripening and plant resistance to diseases and pests.
Where to plant raspberries?
Malina loves good lighting, so pick up for new residents garden unshaded site. shrubs can be planted individually (in the hole) and rows (in the trenches).
Although raspberries need watered regularly, waterlogging on beds it would not tolerate.Planted plants where groundwater flow deeper than 1.5 m from the ground . Optimum soil acidity - 5,5-6. If necessary, perform additional farming practices that the acidity does not exceed these values.
For spring planting, prepare land since autumn.And if you are going to do the work of landing the fall, carefully dig the beds at least 3 months. digging depth - 30 cm Earth treat herbicides, add minerals and organics..
Follow the rules of crop rotation.Bad neighbors and predecessors to become raspberries tomatoes, potatoes, strawberries.
Preparation of planting material
Collect for planting healthy seedlings developed root system.Examine planting material - it should not be a trace of diseases and injuries caused by pests.Buy it better in specialized nurseries - here you will be given all the quality certificates for planting.
In the future you will be able to reproduce themselves and raspberries, to increase the area planted.You can use the following part of the bush:
• Green or lignified root suckers,
• rooted shoot tips,
• root stalk with buds.
seedlings prepared for planting in the fall (mid-September to October) or spring (late April).Best is considered autumn planting.Here it is only possible in all areas - the young shoots can not withstand frost.Before the planting of seedlings with the need to cut all unnecessary shoots.The roots for a better survival rate can be treated with special solutions.
Whatever time you choose for landing, take time - rooting Seedling need until such time as it does not bloom buds!
planting raspberries in the wells
For planting seedlings in the pits in the ground make recess size 40 * 40 * 50 cm Observe the following drop-off scheme -.. 2 * 0.5 m lower the plant in the hole and sprinkle a layer of fertile soil.It thus does not greatly deepens, as it can rot basal bud.Make sure that the root collar was a couple of centimeters above ground level.
scheme of planting raspberries
After planting water the earth.If there is a fear that the roots be frozen, Zamulchiruyte near-wellbore portion.
Trench planting raspberries
Trench planting raspberry bushes is more suitable for those gardeners who have set a goal every year to collect high yields of tasty berries.This option can save a lot of free area of the garden - the plants will be located on the same line.
To prepare the planting trench depth ≈45-50 cm. Drop-off line should be located from north to south.Keep the distance between the bushes in a 40 cm and between rows - 1 m. The trench fill nutrient mixture - manure, topsoil, superphosphate.Substrate should take 15-20 cm
Nitrogen fertilization until use -. Raspberries will be bad to take root!
seedlings deepened in the trenches on the same principle as in the pit.Landings and then pour Zamulchiruyte.
With the departure of raspberries handle even amateur gardeners.If you abide by the rules, Bush will bring a bountiful harvest.What is important?
• Watering. shrub responds well to irrigation.But no need to overdo it - if the beds will accumulate an abundance of moisture, can not escape the fungal lesions.Raspberry, planted in the spring, needs more regular watering.If you get dry summer, regularly check the condition of the ground in tree trunks circles - from lack of water, the roots quickly dries up.
• Loosening. Malina does not like weeds, so hilling the soil more often - especially after irrigation.Deep beds are not dug up, so as not to damage the root system.
• Mulching. Keep your mulch on the beds if your site can not boast of a well-drained, light soil.You can use straw, wood chips and shavings, freshly cut grass.Excellent shows itself in practice, use as mulch newspaper - just under the bushes, spread the paper in several layers.
• fertilizer.In timely raspberry dressing especially needed in the first years of growth.In spring fertilize with organic bushes - had worked well in practice, the solution (1 kg per 10 liters) of poultry manure.The resulting mass is then diluted with water at a ratio of 1:10.Many gardeners plant the young shoots are sprayed with EM preparations.They even serve an excellent prevention of the disease.In autumn raspberries can feed the infusion of ash - 2 cups of ash per 10 liters of water.For fertilizer for each plant poured 2-3 liters of liquid feeding.
• Pruning .Regularly break off branches with dried blossoms and leaves.Avoid strong gelled bush, as it may lead to lower yields and the development of fungal diseases.For this purpose, starting from the 2nd year of the landing, after the harvest shorten the stalks at the roots.After hibernation to remove plant shoots to strong buds.During the season watch the growth of young shoots - ideally on the raspberries should be no more than 5 shoots.
scheme pruning raspberries
Gardeners should think in advance how garter raspberry bushes.
plants grown will bend down to the ground, which could lead to the breaking of twigs, berries and rotting of the disease.
correct raspberries garter contribute to a bountiful harvest and facilitate the care of her.
If the bushes are planted alone, it is better to use a fan-shaped way to their garters.To do this, type in the plants between 2 poles, which tie up part of the shoot with one and the other instance.It turns out a kind of fan.
Fan raspberries garter
going to plant raspberries trench method ?Then it is better to implement in practice Shpalernaya garter.At the same time along each trench are driven into the ground stakes, which is stretched between two rows of wire, strong twine or thread.Lower thread is located at a height of ≈70 cm from the soil, the top - in the 120-140 cm
Wire pull tight, so that it then does not bend under the weight of the branches and in the wind..Shoots raspberries until they are small uniformly attach to the bottom of the thread.In the future, with the development of the plant, tie the stems to the upper tier trellis system.
trellis system for raspberries raspberry
Shelter for the winter
Winter-hardy varieties of raspberries in a southern climate quietly survive the winter without shelter.But in regions where temperatures often fall below -20 ˚C, shrubs should always be prepared for the cold.
In the autumn pruning plants are shortened.Shoots bend down to the ground, tie them to a secure ground if necessary.
as covering material is better to use non-woven fabric.
winter inspect raspberry bushes - all of a sudden, the fabric edges are bent under gusts of strong wind.
Prigibanie raspberries in winter
raspberries How to protect against diseases and pests?
Sweet raspberry aroma attracts insects.And if you break the conditions of the plant, not to pass more and diseases.They contribute to the appearance of iridescence of soil and condensed with foliage.
Among insects, threatening raspberries, select:
• raspberry stem fly. can easily find out what the bug settled on the bushes - the tops of young stalks wither and slightly inclined.Strong harm raspberries bring it caterpillar insect - they izedayut branches.Too bad that the stem can fly through the winter in the ground, in the following season he returned to the plant.In order not to miss the invasion, regularly inspect the raspberry bushes.If found larvae on a plant, cut off the tops of the shoots below the place where we found the pest.Chemical raspberry processing is permitted only in extreme cases.Spraying is carried out before flowering 1-2 times.
Damage raspberry stem flies
• raspberry beetle. damage plants and beetles themselves, and their larvae - they feed on flowers, leaves and berries raspberries.To prevent the spread of the pest regular loosen the soil around the bushes and remove any weeds plot.The damaged parts of plants are cut and burn.Chemicals against the raspberry beetle during flowering shrubs should not be sprayed.
raspberry beetle on raspberries inflorescences
• raspberry stem gall midges. Insects attacking the raspberry bushes during the flowering bushes.On shoots where bugs delayed larvae appear swelling - it is for them to recognize the rot can gall midges.Damaged stems must remove the plants and burn.If healthy shoots enough, raspberries continue to delight you with abundant harvest.
• raspberry bud moth .The pest eats away the kidneys, affects shoots - as a result of bush brings less berries at the end of the season, the branches and leaves wither.If you find a fly bud, raspberry shoots better to cut to the base and destroy it.In the autumn shrub can be treated with special chemicals - such as Fufanon.
• raspberry tick. insect settles on the inside of the leaves.All greens eventually covered with a pale greenish spots.With mite difficult to fight - much easier to take precautions - remove withered shoots.Immediately purchase raspberry varieties that are resistant to this pest.
Damage raspberry tick
When using chemicals for spraying raspberries take precautions, because you are dealing with fruit bushes.The manufacturer is required to indicate on the packaging and instructions to remedy the exact dosage.
Among the diseases affecting raspberry bushes, can be distinguished:
• Purple blotch. on stems and leaves appear purple color spots.Gradually affects the whole plant, it dies.If the damage is not strong spray to help with special preparations.
Purple spots on the leaves raspberries
• Verticillium Wilt. Pathogen fungal disease is in the ground and can be kept here for a long time.Raspberry yellow, the leaves fall off, the main stem dies off over time.Upon detection of the first "symptom", the plant is better to completely uproot beds.
• root rot. raspberry root collar turns brown and completely destroyed - a rare instance manage to save.Remove diseased plants from the area, to avoid infecting other plants here.
many gardeners easily able to grow healthy raspberry bushes that each season brings abundant harvests.