Aggressive kid - what should parents do ?How to adjust the aggressive behavior of children .
Motherhood / / August 12, 2017
In child psychology aggression - a child's behavior that causes physical, psychological or substantive damage to another person, an object or environment, even if the attempt to harm failed.
expression of aggression can occur in various ways, including verbal abuse, damage to personal property and physical contact.According to the findings, children with aggressive actions tend to be irritable, impulsive and restless.
At the moment, there is no single answer about the reasons for aggression in children.Many psychologists believe that behavior is innate and instinctual problem.Others suggest that the loss of shared values, a change in the principles of the traditional family, the lack of education of children and social remoteness lead to the expression of aggression in children, adolescents and adults.Aggression in children is correlated with unemployment in the family, the street riots, crime, mental disorders.
forms and goals of aggression in children
To date, experts distinguish between different forms, purposes and types of aggression.The behavior can take many forms:
It can be triggered for different purposes:
• express anger or hostility;
• approval for excellence;
• to intimidate others;
• to achieve this goal;
• be the answer to the fear;
• be a response to pain.
Modern psychologists distinguish between two types of aggression in a child:
• A trigger - affective committed stage affect.Aggression is characterized by strong emotions, uncontrollable anger, hysterical state.This form of behavior is not planned, it arises and takes place in the heat of the moment.
• Instrumental - prey.Aggression is characterized by different manipulators, which are aimed at achieving a more important goal.Instrumental aggression often planned action and there is a means to an end.Causing inconvenience to another person, such as a broken toy, the child moves to the goal - the purchase of new, more interesting toys for themselves.
It has been observed that children with lower levels of development are more prone to unplanned, impulsive aggression.Children exhibiting predatory aggression - are able to manage, plan and purposefully to achieve this goal by using aggression.
In psychology, there is a difference between the levels of aggression in boys and girls.Boys are almost always more aggressive than girls.Big kids are more aggressive than small.Active children and obsessive - more aggressive than passive or very quiet.
Children of all ages aggressive behavior is a powerful way to convey their wishes to others, as well as the reception to express their likes and dislikes.
reasons for aggression in children at different ages
• infancy.Infants are aggressive when very hungry, are in an extremely awkward position, experience fear, discomfort or pain.Parents can say that the baby's aggression can be estimated from the volume and tone of voice.But this opinion is erroneous.Crying baby - it's defense, it is a way of communication, the transmission of feelings and needs.It can not be called a manifestation of aggression.
• malyshovom age.Crumbs from 2 to 4 years are showing flashes hysterical aggression, hurting their peers, adults, toys and furniture damage.Most often, aggression at this age is in relation to an adult, as a way to achieve any goal.Verbal aggression allows you to increase your child's vocabulary.
• Preschool age.Children from 4 to 6 years of age may be hostile to their brothers and sisters, as well as their peers.Because of the social interaction in children appear imaginary and real-life offenses.They make the child stand up for themselves and cause the attacker anger - aggression.
aggressiveness of the child, and a predisposition to violence
If preschooler behaves hostilely with familiar children, adults, and even pets, is often oversensitive, easily touchy, quickly fell into a rage, and for a long time can not calm down, he may have a predisposition to violent behavior.
preschool child has not yet learned to answer for the behavior and usually blames the other for their actions.Parents must give serious attention and take action to remedy the situation.
Preschool children tend to have short periods of aggressive behavior, as misunderstood the fact that they do harm, tired or under stress.If the behavior continues for several weeks, parents should consult a doctor and psychologist and eradicate the problem.
Factors that increase the risk of violent behavior
Parents and teachers need to be extremely careful if:
• the child has been the victim of physical and sexual violence;
• there has been domestic violence;
• if the child regularly sees violence on TV, in the media, the neighbors living nearby;
• if the parents use drugs and alcohol;
• if the house there is a firearm;
• maloobespechena if the family is going through a stressful period, is on the verge of marriage break;
• If education has been a single mother, the parents lost their jobs;
• if present injury.
parents can teach the child to tolerate and manage their emotions.However, if parents will openly express their anger at the child, be a rough drive and irritability, the child will take an example from parents and will not be responsible for their behavior.Responsible parenthood does not tolerate any form of violence and to prevent it in any way possible.
Stimulants aggression in the child
Psychologists say that when children lose their dialogue with their peers, they feel stress napugannost and isolation.This is the case when it can inadvertently be aggressive to peers, even strangers.Parents need to attend to the child's behavior and in time to prevent any attempts of aggressive behavior.When the children overcome the sense of isolation they are friendly and do not show aggression.
Aggression can be a byproduct of poor parenting.If the child does not receive the necessary attention from parents, teachers and peers, as well as being abused, it becomes unmanageable and aggressive.If the parents ignore the behavior or unconsciously consider it normal, it can further stimulate aggression.
Many children aggressive behavior is a symptom of the manic phase of bipolar disorder.It can manifest irritability, developed on the background of depression.
Sometimes children are aggressive to peers due to fear or suspicion.This disorder occurs in the case of the presence of schizophrenia, paranoia and other psychotic disorders.
Aggression can also be a by-product of the inability to cope with emotions, especially frustration.The disorder occurs in autistic and mentally retarded children.Such children if in something disappointed, can not be corrected with emotions effectively talk about the current situation, therefore, show aggression.
Children with ADHD syndrome or other destructive disorders are on the background of the misunderstanding and impulsiveness also exhibit aggressive behavior, especially when social principles are violated.
Aggressive child: what to do - Psychology tips
Psychologists say: to eliminate aggressive behavior is necessary to determine the root cause and underlying factors - stimulants aggression.
then teach parents effective ways to manage the child's behavior, without the slightest hint of aggression or punishment.It is important to have positive contact with the child, to encourage good behavior, rather than focusing only on the education of difficult moments.
The family should be established and adhered to specific rules of conduct that are appropriate for the child's age, reasonable and meaningful inner circle.Parents should learn to be logical in behavior and decision-making.Maintain self-control emotions in any, even the most unexpected situations.
Studies have shown that physical punishment does not solve but aggravate the problem of aggressive behavior.If parents use punishment in the family, children:
• are not able to control their behavior;
• experiencing feelings of fear and fear to disobey their parents, but more often bullies;
• have a higher risk of mental disorders to health in adulthood;
• are prone to violence, harassment over future wife, their own children;
• lose the quality of relationships with parents.
Psychologists believe that a common problem of all parents is that children are fighting with brothers and sisters and show aggression to unfamiliar children.In childhood, children often have disagreements and conflicts.Children have different needs, desires and ways of doing things - this feature makes them unique.
Parents should teach children to learn social and emotional behavior management skills.If the child likes to fight and is very active, parents can invite him to do martial arts, judo, any kind of struggle.Sports teach little fidget correct reception of the fight, safe self-defense methods.
should be taught to find peaceful ways to prevent aggression in preschool age children.To help them to properly express their emotions, to understand the basic needs of others, to understand and feel the present situation and the environment.