Gelatin : you need to know about its composition , caloric content and scope.The benefits and potential harm to the body of gelatin
Diet / / August 12, 2017
Today gelatin is a popular product.
the first time it became known in the mid-19th century, when the engineer Peter cooperons invented and patented it.
long time considered useless product gelatin.But that all changed when Pearl Waite added it to dessert.
Since that case the properties of gelatin was appreciated, but the scope of application was the only expand.
Gelatin: composition, calories, how to apply
In composition gelatin - a protein of animal origin.In dry form it does not have a specific smell and taste special, transparent.Obtained by digestion of tendons, ligaments and bones of cattle in the water.It has the property to swell but not dissolve in acidic environments and cold water.When the temperature rises quickly dissolved, and at lower turns into jelly.
Gelatin belongs to the high-calorie foods.Its calorie content is quite high: in 100g of the product contains and 356Kkal.Excessive use it in conjunction with a sedentary lifestyle can lead to weight gain.
Energy value of gelatin:
• proteins - 87,1gr (98%);
• fat - 0,5gr (1%);
• carbohydrates - 0,7gr (1%).
is a part of vitamin PP (14,48mg).This vitamin plays the organism important role: participates in reducing and oxidizing processes, metabolism, stimulates the conversion of fats and sugars into energy, lowers cholesterol levels and prevent blood clots, affects the activity of the liver, pancreas, heart, stomach, a person's emotional state.
Many in the composition of mineral substances, useful properties which are beneficial to the activity of the whole organism.The gelatin present:
• iron (2 mg), providing all body cells with oxygen, supports the metabolism, the nervous system, thyroid.
• Phosphorus (300mg) - necessary for the proper formation of the skeleton.
• Potassium (1mg) - regulates the water, salt, acid and alkaline balance, normalizes heart rhythm, affects the functioning of the muscles, endocrine glands.
• Sodium (12mg) - activates the formation of gastric enzymes, saliva and pancreas, dilates blood vessels.
• Magnesium (81mg) - strengthens teeth and bone tissue, protects the heart muscle, is able to calm the man after emotional stress.
• Calcium (34mg) - inhibits the blood pressure is normal, is involved in the process of collapse.
rich gelatin amino acids in its composition of which there are 18 species.The most important for the body are: glycine, lysine, proline.Glycine for the body at the same time plays the role of energy and pacifier at various stressful situations, is involved in the metabolism and synthesis of many substances have detoxifying and antioxidant action.Lysine is necessary for collagen synthesis and protein stimulates body growth process.Proline is the basis for bone, cartilage, tendons and the dermis.Capable of skin, hair and nails regain their healthy appearance, improves the functioning of the heart, kidneys, liver, eyes, thyroid gland.
• Food industry.It is known under the name of "food additive E-441."It used in the preparation of the majority of confectionery: jelly, marshmallows, jellies, pastes, creams, cakes, chocolates, yoghurt.On the basis of preparing aspic, jelly, canned food.For most products it is:
- irreplaceable flavor enhancer and color saturation;
- serves sausage and meat products protective sheath;
- stabilizer and emulsifier;
- clarifies some drinks, such as wine, juice;
- keeps the shape of confectionery products;
- is a foaming agent for baking.
• Medicine.The product is a hemostatic agent in the diagnosis of bacterial infections used for cultivation and cultivation of various microorganisms used in the treatment of nutritional disorders.
• Pharmacology: used in the issuance of candles and the formation of capsules of drugs, means for performing dressing, creating an artificial plasma.
• Chemical industry: the production of X-ray films, photographic films and is in paints and adhesives.
• Cosmetology.Useful properties of gelatin used in masks and serums for the face, in the hair restoration tools, nails.
Wide range of use due to its unique properties and varied composition.
Gelatin: What health benefits
The use of gelatin is covered in a rich combination of trace elements, vitamins and amino acids in the composition.CONVENTIONAL following useful properties of the product:
• strengthens ligaments and joints;
• after injuries and fractures accelerates healing and bone accretion
• as a source of glycine is important for the well-coordinated work of all systems in the body;
• a large amount of protein helps strengthen the muscles;
• indicated for poor blood clotting;
• restores damaged, fine hair;
• stimulates the production of collagen by the body necessary for the renewal and skin tightening;
• improves the general condition of patients with osteochondrosis, arthrosis, arthritis;
• prevents and reduces the number of existing spider veins;
• returns healthy nails their structure;
• improves metabolic processes and performance due to the presence of amino acids;
• is a source of energy for the nervous system, brain, muscles.
The positive influence of gelatin on the treatment of diseases of the gastro - intestinal system.It is able to cover the thin film mucous bodies, to prevent the progression or occurrence of erosive and ulcerative diseases.
those who follow the figure, or trying to bring back to normal weight, gelatin carries only benefit.Food has a good body to digest and easily assimilated.Many athletes include in your diet desserts, jelly and jelly, cooked gelatin.The reason for this lies in the considerable power of the protein content, which is a building component of all body muscles.
benefits of its application is observed not only in the use of gelatin inside.Its useful properties it exhibits, being a member of masks, creams, baths.
Gelatin: the harm to health
not always gelatin carries benefits for the body.In some cases, it is the agent provocateur of deterioration or worsening of state of health:
• can increase blood clotting.Therefore, gelatin is contraindicated in pathology of cardio - vascular system and in the case of a predisposition to thrombosis.
• A ban on its use imposed and then, if you have varicose veins.
• Gelatin harms the body, raising cholesterol levels.In atherosclerosis and heart disease from the use of this product should be discarded.
• Do not take the product for gout, kidney stones and gall - stone disease.
• contraindication is the detection of oxalate in the urine.
• Excluded from the diet in renal disease.
• Undesirable its use in inflammation of hemorrhoids, constipation.
• In rare cases, but there is no assimilation by the body of the product.For this reason, they should not overload the stomach and intestines.
• If any intolerance to the gelatin from the use of products that are a part of it, should be abandoned.
Being strong oksalogenom, gelatin and products from it can not be used for those who suffer oksaluricheskoy form of diathesis.The product can cause aggravation and further development of the disease.
presence of oxalic acid can cause disturbances in the body of water - salt balance.
To reduce the negative effect of gelatin on the body, doctors recommended to avoid constipation, gastrointestinal problems - intestinal tract to enter into the diet of fresh vegetables (especially beet), prunes, oat bran.These products can improve the motility of the stomach and intestines.
provoke changes in the human condition can be harmful to health, even small dose of gelatin.Therefore, eating it with existing diseases must be with caution and after examination by the attending physician.
Gelatin for Children: helpful or harmful
Gelatin simultaneously carries favor growing, forms the child's body and damage.Nutritionists and doctors warn parents about the dangers of gelatin for children up to 2 years.It can irritate the walls of the ventricle and the fledgling baby bowel, thereby cause disturbances in digestion.
The use of gelatin for the child's body is the presence in the composition of essential amino acids and trace elements.They are important for:
• formation of skeleton;
• growth and strengthen teeth;
• development of tissues of all organs;
• formation of immunity;
• functioning of all organs and systems;
• proper physical development.
Children are usually happy to eat pieces of frozen gelatin (jelly).And if they add boiled vegetables, fish, meat, fruit, berries, the benefits of such food is increasing.
Therefore, parents should not be afraid to give your child foods that are based gelatin present.But "zakarmlivat" is also impossible.In all should be the measure.Desserts, flood it is recommended to give children no more than once a week.One considered ideal foods cooked at home from natural products without the addition of dyes and artificial sweeteners.
benefit or harm the body will use gelatin and products out of it depends on us.It is important to be attentive to their own health and the existing problems to reduce or eliminate it from the diet.