Notable properties of citric acid and new scientific evidence about its benefits .Citric acid : useful thing or a harmful thing?
Diet / / August 12, 2017
Citric acid has the kitchen every housewife.
But whether all the beneficial properties we know.
Indeed, except for culinary benefits, this substance is used as a medicine, in cosmetology and for simple housekeeping.
composition and rules of citric acid.What are the benefits it brings to the body
We all used to think that citric acid comes from lemon.But it is not so .The main method of production - the biosynthesis of sugar or sweeteners (molasses) by industrial strains of mold fungus Aspergillusniger.Those.it is a chemical product and as a food additive has an E-330 code.Salts and esters which are a part, are referred citrates.Also, this flavor, a preservative and an antioxidant, which is used to preserve the texture of certain food products.
In simple terms, the citric acid - a white crystalline powder, slightly sour taste.It is naturally present in citrus fruits, but to use its fruit uneconomical.
Despite the seeming harmlessness of this product, its use should be carefully .First of all, you have to decide for what purpose it is intended.After all, the use of citric acid can bring both benefit and harm to health.
This substance is widely used in the food industry.It is added to fruit jams, jellies, sauces, mayonnaise, canned, processed cheese.It is an indispensable tool in the conservation of the season.It occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables and is quite tart, like lemon juice, taste.But citric acid lemon juice is not done.
refers to organic acids which are associated with participation in the processes of digestion.Citric acid has beneficial properties: change the acidity regulator (pH) environment to the alkaline side, a positive effect on the composition of the microflora, it helps reduce the risk of development of many of gastrointestinal and other diseases.
It is also used to flavor soft drinks, tea and other .In order to balance the pH of the food and to keep it for a longer shelf life.Ultimately, the reduced likelihood of survival and reproduction of bacteria and mold.
The medicine used in the composition of agents that are involved in the Krebs cycle (cycle citrate) which is the intersection of the center of the metabolic pathways in the body.Also has other beneficial properties.
Citric acid is part of many cosmetic preparations:
• it is added to the compositions of masks and wraps (just a pinch on the tip of a knife);
• hair rinse with a solution of 05 tsp1 liter of water will make them silky and adds a healthy glow;
• has a bleaching (depigmenting) effect on your skin, helping to get rid of freckles and age spots;
• making shiny and smooth nail plate.
• 1 tsp.LC = 8 grams
• 5-10 grams of LC = 1 lemon
• calorie - 0 kcal
• 1 tspLC: 2 tspwater - to prepare meals
• 0,5 tsp 1 tspLK: 1 tbsp.water - can be consumed as a beverage
What is the use of citric acid to the body
14 benefits of drinking warm lemon water:
1) stimulates the secretion of gastric juice in the gastrointestinal tract, improves digestion .Essential for normal metabolism.
2) Cleans liver .Those.It encourages the liver to produce bile, which is an acid required for normal digestive process.This reduces the risk of heartburn and constipation.Drink a glass of lemon water in the morning to cleanse the liver and initiate the activity of the digestive system.
3) Reduces the risk of purulent inflammation of the skin (eg, acne, boils).It can be used as a peeling .
4) removes toxins and other harmful substances.For this purpose, you will approach, gaining popularity, detox water .How to prepare it is very simple: you need to 1-1.5 liters of distilled water, squeeze the juice of one lemon (or 5-10 grams of citric acid).The water instantly sated with vitamins and minerals.The resulting beverage can add fresh mint, lemon balm, and a piece of ginger root.This drink will bring the body of toxins.He also a diuretic and mild laxative effect .The gradual improvement of digestion will help to detoxify the entire body.
5) Reduces the sensation of sweetness in the body, which causes all acidic environment.Citric acid provides invaluable benefits to the body diabetic .To reduce his blood sugar level just before the meal need to use a solution of citric acid to pinch 50ml water.
6) Helps cleanse the blood vessels and arteries.
7) Reduces the appearance of a purulent inflammation of the skin (eg. Acne, boils).
8) is able to reduce high blood pressure.
9) to assist in the fight against excess weight.The citric acid contains substances that break down fat.Take one glass solution before every meal for a month.And also it increases gastric acid secretion and metabolism.
10) "Acid" scented products have been used in herbal medicine (treatment using medicinal plants).
11) kills bacteria in the mouth and freshens breath.
12) To minimize the threat to the ligaments, tendons and connective tissue.Included in the active food additives, which are intended to protect your joints.
13) Supports healthy skin moisturized and enhances immunity.
14) invaluable health benefits has a positive effect of citric acid in the hangover.It helps the detoxification of the body poisoned.
Exceptions: the harm of citric acid
not recommended to take the so-calledlemon water (or receive very weak doses) at:
• heartburn (very strong acid reflex);
• ulcers of the mouth, esophagus or stomach.
In these cases, the citric acid can cause annoying "burning" sensation because it is not metabolized in the body and is still in the acidic environment in the passage of these areas of the gastrointestinal tract.
concern is and its erosive effect on tooth enamel .It is believed that citric acid is detrimental to the teeth, making it (enamel) loose, and subsequently leads to dental caries and erosion.
small percentage of the population suffers allergic to citric acid.
There are also opinions that the citric acid in industrial production (and that E330) is involved in the growth of cancer cells in the body than it does irreparable harm.However, scientific evidence of this fact is not.The protection of said substance to be noted that moderate use of citric acid and its correct use will benefit only for your body.
Remember this rule: with a purpose to use citric acid can only in small doses .Some people find it is generally contraindicated.Be sure to consult with your doctor to use it for the benefit of health.
Citric acid: use at home
Citric acid has advantageous properties, in particular, and that is used as a detergent, as a component of an air freshener, candles or personal care products, as well as in the pharmaceutical industry.
Many household cleaners contain toxic and harmful chemicals .Given that women still make a whopping 70% of the household, they are vulnerable to these toxins.Citric acid has a sparing properties and does not bring such harm.It
water reduces stiffness and creates foam, making it particularly useful in soaps, detergents, and as a cleaning agent.
chemical composition of citric acid cleans the dirt from the surface of the garment.He has antibacterial and antiseptic properties and is beneficial because it works well on most surfaces, even hard to reach places.
eight reasons to use the benefit of citric acid as a detergent:
1. Removes stains from rust.Sachet (25g) dissolved in 1 liter of hot water and used for rust removal.
2.Ubivaet bacteria clean kitchen surfaces.Disinfect possible solution consisting of nine parts water to one part acid.
3. Removes scale and contributes to disinfection in the washing machine.To do this, run the longest cycle with hot water, add two tablespoons of substance.
4. Clears the kettle from scale.Use a solution of 10 g per 1 liter of water.
5. The solution of one liter of warm water and two tablespoons of tools can be cleaned with water taps and shower doors.Apply spray this solution on the surface, wait for a while, and then rinse and wipe.
6. The windows can be washed using two liters of warm water mixed with two tablespoons of acid.Spray applied on windows and wipe.
7. Get sparkling clean toilet can, poured into it ¾ cup citric acid.Leave overnight.Do not rinse.The next morning, brush and rinse.
8. Get rid of wine stains, with one part lemon substances and 2 parts baking soda.Sprinkle the stain by adding drops of water until it will fizz.Wait a few minutes and then gently scrape.
Always wear gloves and keep cleaning away from the eye.
Undoubtedly, citric acid, their properties beneficial to our health and a fulfilling life.But, as the late Middle Ages the great physician Paracelsus: "Only the dose makes the poison or medicine."